“Kind Of Two: Miles Davis And Bill Evans”

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm reading "Mr.PC: The Life and Music of Paul Chambers", and I can remember arguing with some posters here that Bill Evans was an important part of "Kind of Blue"and various posters saying he had barely anything to do with the album. I reach the section of the Kind of Blue sessions and I read a passage saying that Miles Davis "planned the music around the piano playing of Bill Evans", taken from the book by A.Kahn, "The Making of Miles Davis' Masterpiece" London Granta Books.

I mention that fact to a friend of mine today, including the discussion here on Bill Evans' role in KOB, and he just mumbles, "sounds like a bunch of racists" in regards to the discussion here...

31 minutes ago, sgcim said:

I'm reading "Mr.PC: The Life and Music of Paul Chambers", and I can remember arguing with some posters here that Bill Evans was an important part of "Kind of Blue"and various posters saying he had barely anything to do with the album. I reach the section of the Kind of Blue sessions and I read a passage saying that Miles Davis "planned the music around the piano playing of Bill Evans", taken from the book by A.Kahn, "The Making of Miles Davis' Masterpiece" London Granta Books.

I mention that fact to a friend of mine today, including the discussion here on Bill Evans' role in KOB, and he just mumbles, "sounds like a bunch of racists" in regards to the discussion here...

It wouldn't have been Kind of Blue without Bill Evans.

2 hours ago, sgcim said:

...I can remember arguing with some posters here that Bill Evans was an important part of "Kind of Blue"and various posters saying he had barely anything to do with the album. 

Really? I recall nobody making any such claim. That would be both ignorant and stupid.

I do recall a discussion about how much of an impact that Miles had on it, and that there were those who maintained that his input was minimal. I find that to be as ignorant and stupid as having it the other way around.

Sounds like another bunch of racists... they're everywhere, you know. All of them.