Some previously unreleased Lennie Tristano *IS* in the works!! (Now, from StaMford)

Some years ago when Mosaic first farmed out their shipping, I got shipped the wrong item. Problem rectified, of course, but I had to e-mail Scott and go through some hassle. Not eager to be part of another shakedown cruise, so holding off for now. Another reason: I always use Paypal with Mosaic because I don't trust their security, which makes preorder less attractive because charge occurs immediately rather than upon shipping. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Nobody has to pre-order.

In fact, this is the very first Mosaic set I’ve ever preordered — because for years I normally would wait until something I wanted got on the “running low” list — at which point I would order every single thing they had that I wanted (then), in order to save a ton on shipping.

So I’d only order anything at all from Mosaic about once every 4 years or so, but they were pretty big orders ($400-$500, once even more than that even, iirc) — for which my “per item” shipping costs were about $1-$2 per item.

I just wanted to get in line quick as I could, because I’m pretty damn excited about this set — as much as any Mosaic ever, save for the Andrew Hill Blue Note Select (which is my all-time most anticipated Mosaic ever).

7 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Good point. Nobody has to pre-order.

In fact, this is the very first Mosaic set I’ve ever preordered — because for years I normally would wait until something I wanted got on the “running low” list — at which point I would order every single thing they had that I wanted (then), in order to save a ton on shipping.

So I’d only order anything at all from Mosaic about once every 4 years or so, but they were pretty big orders ($400-$500, once even more than that even, iirc) — for which my “per item” shipping costs were about $1-$2 per item.

I just wanted to get in line quick as I could, because I’m pretty damn excited about this set — as much as any Mosaic ever, save for the Andrew Hill Blue Note Select (which is my all-time most anticipated Mosaic ever).

Just as excited (the announcement stunned me), but I'm patient. And I've acquired so darned many recordings since Covid hit (compensating for unavailability of other forms of entertainment :blink:) that there's plenty to listen to...

7 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Totally, the first really exciting Mosaic in longer than I can remember! 

Hell, I almost wonder if this could ending up being THE(?) most historically significant Mosaic yet.

Hard to tell, not having heard it yet — but on paper, it does seem to have that potential. Maybe?  (Cart before horse? Check!)

I got this notice in today's Mosaic Gazette email:

Thank You! We have had a very strong response for the preorder and we are on schedule to begin shipping next week. The warehouse is prepping but it will take at least a few days to ship all the orders.

You should have received an order confirmation which sometimes ends up in spam folder. In addition the order status may show on hold (credit card order) or processing (PayPal payment). All orders will show as processing when we charge your credit card.

Still don't have the confirmation email (yes, checked the spam folder), but at least the status nomenclature has been explained.