Owning multiple copies?

jcam_44

One of the mysteries to me is dropping previously unissued bonus tracks on subsequent CD reissues.

The new version of Monty Alexander's Montreux Alexander (Edel/MPS) omits the 3 bonus tracks from an earlier reissue.

The 2 CD Stan Getz Dynasty CD (Verve) was later reissued as a single CD minus the bonus track.

Royalty savings?

Of course, there are rare expamples like the self-titled Joe Morello Bluebird release for which you have to own both the LP and CD to get all of the issued tracks.

Edited by Ken Dryden

2 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

The 2 CD Stan Getz Dynasty CD (Verve) was later reissued as a single CD minus the bonus track.

Yup.  Verve's "Originals" series dropped all bonus tracks.  I understand the concept; the idea was to make a CD duplicate of the original LP.  

Regardless, it still seems like a backward step when earlier CD reissues included bonus cuts. 

11 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

One of the mysteries to me is dropping previously unissued bonus tracks on subsequent CD reissues.

Same here. Too lazy to check discographies etc.

11 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

Of course, there are rare expamples like the self-titled Joe Morello Bluebird release for which you have own both the LP and CD to get all of the issued tracks.

Now this is extremely annoying!