OJC Question - LPs and CDs

Teasing the Korean

NTYtNjA2MC5qcGVn.jpeg

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

And he's not hindered by having to pay people!

Serious question:  Who would be getting paid at this point? The descendants of Saul Zaentz?   Did someone like Brew Moore get royalties on a record like that?  Quick research says that if he did, it was 1-4% then, though contemporary standards are 10% on reissues.  And of course, the musicians are long gone, so it would be their estates getting the (seemingly small) royalties?  This has probably all been discused before, but I'm not privy to it.

Whoever all would be getting paid aren't. And if nobody needed to get paid, Fantasy was just wasting non-money by not putting it out.

Besides - what are the source materials for this? I would eager half of yesterday's coffee and two cups of tomorrow that they're either needle drops or lifts of other company's work.

So don't limit the "who would be getting paid?"  question to the original cast of characters, that is a false flag 

And really, where did that cover picture come from. Tacky!

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Whoever all would be getting paid aren't. And if nobody needed to get paid, Fantasy was just wasting non-money by not putting it out.

Besides - what are the source materials for this? I would eager half of yesterday's coffee and two cups of tomorrow that they're either needle drops or lifts of other company's work.

So don't limit the "who would be getting paid?"  question to the original cast of characters, that is a false flag 

And really, where did that cover picture come from. Tacky!

And what legit music sales won't be made because they issued "free"music? Let me see, I can buy an Ellington for $9 or something new for $10.

• 8 months later...