Crazy story: James Carter and Larry Storch

Mark Stryker

22 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Anyone got the deets, for those of us not on Facebook?

Hey FB Fam and Friends! Hope all's well with you and yours on this mid-month Friday! I've been busy this past week so I didn't get a chance to rap about the passing of an actor, voice artist, comedian, fellow Capricorn, mean soprano sax player and good friend, Lawrence Samuel Storch, better known as Larry Storch last Friday at the age of 99!! In August 2002(when these pics were taken), I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Mr. Storch through his former son-in-law Waldron Mahdi Ricks when he informed me that Larry had one of the tenor saxophones previously owned by the late sax star of Cab Calloway's Orchestra, Leon "CHU" Berry!! I went to the Storch's uptown pad with the intent on just meeting Larry and briefly playing the horn not knowing the visit would change my life and my axe arsenal! Larry brought out his curved soprano sax and played a couple show tunes on it and then Chu's Conn tenor which I affixed my mouthpiece and started playing his solo on "I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance" and the horn started playing itself!! Longshort of the visit, he dug my playing and my knowledge of Chu and he sold me the horn with a handwritten COA stating that he purchased the horn from Charles Ponte Music Store back in 1950!! Madd thanks for the classic roles such as Corporal Agarn on F Troop and the voice of Mr. Whoopee on Tennessee Tuxedo, your friendship and entrusting me with Chu's axe!!! Rest In Peace Larry!xoxoJC

Bunch of images not shown.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

9 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Anyone got the deets, for those of us not on Facebook?

You needn't be afraid of FB links, Rooster. It's a public post and FB doesn't make you sign up to see something (unlike Twitter where you can't scroll more than a couple of tweets without getting hit by a sign-in pop up).

Plus the pictures are well worth it.

13 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

You needn't be afraid of FB links, Rooster. It's a public post and FB doesn't make you sign up to see something (unlike Twitter where you can't scroll more than a couple of tweets without getting hit by a sign-in pop up).

Plus the pictures are well worth it.

Twitter tip: When the sign-in pop up appears, click “Log in.”  On the next screen (“Sign in to Twitter”), just click the X in the upper-left corner.    The pop up will then disappear and you can resume reading.

55 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Twitter tip: When the sign-in pop up appears, click “Log in.”  On the next screen (“Sign in to Twitter”), just click the X in the upper-left corner.    The pop up will then disappear and you can resume reading.

Didn’t work for me at all, on mobile at least. I tried every button on the entire page, and every one is a hard-stop of some sort, and the story never appears.

Log-in button gets me “The email or phone number you’ve entered doesn’t match any account. Sign up for an account.

and the “create an account” and “forgot password” buttons are no better.  Not seeing anything at all about Twitter (on that page, or any of the subsequent ones).

4 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Didn’t work for me at all, on mobile at least. I tried every button on the entire page, and every one is a hard-stop of some sort, and the story never appears.

Log-in button gets me “The email or phone number you’ve entered doesn’t match any account. Sign up for an account.

and the “create an account” and “forgot password” buttons are no better.  Not seeing anything at all about Twitter (on that page, or any of the subsequent ones).

Start by being on someone's Twitter feed page.  Start here (just as an example): https://twitter.com/bluenoterecords

3 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Start by being on someone's Twitter feed page.  Start here (just as an example): https://twitter.com/bluenoterecords

Not trying to be obtuse or anything, I swear!! But when I click on that, and tried to scroll down even slightly (more than a page’s worth on my phone), I suddenly got a blank page that said this…

See more Tweets from Blue Note Records
When you log in you’ll be able to see every Tweet from Blue Note Records.

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Not trying to be obtuse or anything, I swear!! But when I click on that, and tried to scroll down even slightly (more than a page’s worth on my phone), I suddenly got a blank page that said this…

See more Tweets from Blue Note Records
When you log in you’ll be able to see every Tweet from Blue Note Records.

When you see that, click "log in."  On the screen that follows, click the x in the upper-left corner.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

You need a grandchild to guide you thru this techie world.

My wife and I have always said we would love to be grandparents someday. It’s just that intermediate step (us having kids) that always scared the bajeezus out of us!! :unsure: (:lol:)

Edited by Rooster_Ties