Mal Waldron - Searching In Grenoble: The 1978 Solo Piano Concert

mjzee

Release date September 23:

71L+YRMwfGL._SL1500_.jpg

Searching In Grenoble: The 1978 Solo Piano Concert is a previously unissued recording of jazz icon Mal Waldron's mesmerizing performance at the "Five Days of Jazz" series in Grenoble, France on March 23, 1978. Waldron was Billie Holiday's final accompanist, played with John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Jackie McLean, and recorded dozens of solo albums before his passing in 2002. The beautifully designed, deluxe 2-CD set includes photos, an extensive 24-page booklet, essays and interviews.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Pim said:

Anymore impressions by other boardmembers? This one keeps getting postponed here in Europe. Now the owner of the one and only Mal Waldron blog is one of the last people who cant listen to the new release. Life could be so unfair...:g.

Honest Jon's have it in stock, a bit nearer if you're desperate 

12 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Honest Jon's have it in stock, a bit nearer if you're desperate 

Thanks but I can’t find it? Will wait for the release here as the import duties for a single (and pretty expensive) cd are too high for me. Thanks anyway :)

6 minutes ago, Pim said:

Thanks but I can’t find it? Will wait for the release here as the import duties for a single (and pretty expensive) cd are too high for me. Thanks anyway :)

Just looked again, they must have sold out as it was there a couple of days ago.

Yes, Brexit taxes are crazy both directions, such a shame

• 3 months later...