Elvin Jones "Revival: Live at Pookie's Pub" 1967

Harbour

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, bresna said:

I put 5 of these new Elvin Jones CDs in my cart and totaled it up including shipping. I get $93.23 or $18.65 each. Dusty's CD price is $20 each and they don't ship for free.

That is a good deal.  Their shipping (days) is pretty decent, within a week door to door.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, Dan Gould said:

I think we're talking about US BN release brought to them by Zev.

You're right, and the other new Elvin's are Japanese-only.  I would expect the Amazon pre-order price to drop before it comes out.

Edited by felser

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

He's really digging in, finding a higher gear than usual, imo. Maybe it's the live setting, maybe it's the opportunity to stretch a length, maybe it's a good buzz and/or a good reed. I don't know.

What I do know is that after hearing Joe Farrell all the years and being more or less moved to indifference (literally), his playing here immediately pulled me in and kept me there 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The piano seems bad.  I mean the instrument. Tuning or maybe just a bad piano.  Conceivably the way it was miked...  But the tone of it sounds bad to me.  Nevertheless the recording has much to recommend it and I'll probably end up getting it.  I was particularly interested to hear Larry Young on piano and he is playing pretty well but the piano.