Server down today

Jim Alfredson

I’ve ‘sold’ a number of CD’s to board members too this year, incl. a recent batch for $60 (which went thru on Sept 29th) — except I had the purchaser ‘pay’ the board thru a donation (not a penny to me).  And I don’t think the donation total has changed since before then, iirc.

On 29.10.2022 at 6:32 AM, Pim said:

And will I get the one and only donor badge? :wub:

You should - but I, too donated and there is no trace of it. Normally it is shown the day after. There seems to be an issue with the donation updates.

But I guess that Jim doesn't have time for such things, as the error notice on the homepage.

Hey folks,

Well, I looked into the Donations plug-in and it said the last donations was in July, which of course was not right. I tried to edit it and all of a sudden I couldn't access it at all anymore and when trying to load the homepage, I got an error. So I just deleted it entirely.

I still need to find someone that can update this forum software to the new version. We are woefully out of date by several years and that's a security risk. In fact, we've had some attacks on the server through this site in the last few days that have crippled the server.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I need to find someone that is fluent in MySQL, databases, CPanel, and updating server backends.

4 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:

I found someone to do the upgrade. It will most likely be around $200. But we'll be all updated! Can't wait!

Great! Hey, where are we in terms of the yearly-total to date on donations?  And remind us what the expected expense for the entire year too.

Meaning… “where’re we at?” and “how far do we got to go?”

Edited by Rooster_Ties