FORUM UPGRADE SCHEDULED NOV 5

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/1/2022 at 11:06 PM, Jim Alfredson said:

Hi friends,

The forum will be upgraded to the new Invision software this Saturday, November 5th. I do not have an exact time yet, but during that time the board will be inaccessible. I'm guessing it will take about four hours. The gentleman I hired to do it lives in Italy, so it will probably be late East Coast time, like 2am or 3am.

I'll update this thread with more info as I get it.

When the board comes back up it will look quite different and wont' be themed correctly, as this current theme is incompatible with the new software. It will take me a bit to get a new theme up and running, but at least the board itself will be functional and much more secure.

Good to read. When I logged it I thought I was  on the wrong place. Great relief here now.

Just one question: The "Donate" button is now where?

Best Willie

(Germany)

1 hour ago, jazzcorner said:

Good to read. When I logged it I thought I was  on the wrong place. Great relief here now.

Just one question: The "Donate" button is now where?

Best Willie

(Germany)

I’m working on it. I installed the donations plug-in but for some reason cannot get it to display on the main page sidebar. Trying to figure that out.

9 minutes ago, Quasimado said:

Looks like a great job - many thanks ...

Question - How does the Rank Progress work? I joined in 2004 and have just been promoted to "Newbie" (with 3 badges) !

How long before I become a "Grand Master"?

I don’t know. I haven’t looked into that yet. I’ll see what I can find.

54 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

I got a note that the new forum software only accepts images with a https adress.

I lost my totally tjaderized rank!

🥵

I just wrote a post and the software allowed me to upload/attach an image which is below 100kb in size. No problems. If you have some software that can minimize photos to that size, you won't have any problems. BTW: I'm sure, once the software has been tweaked, that Jim can increase the size of an image upload to a bit more than that (if he has the server space). I uploaded a smaller-sized image because I was lazy, just to make sure it makes it into the post, but the .jpg-format is one that can wonderfully be tweaked to be really small (compressing it, f. ex., to 25% of its original size without really losing all that much detail). You just need the software to do it.

Edited by neveronfriday