FORUM UPGRADE SCHEDULED NOV 5

Jim Alfredson

20 hours ago, JSngry said:

Before the tweaking is finished, maybe the black stripes between posts can be narrowed?

Otherwise, not nearly as different a look as I was expecting! 

Well done on the revamp. It is looking and working well!

On the thick black stripes, perhaps it might be possible to change the colour theme so that there is a slightly more neutral grey, thereby accomplishing the same thing?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mjzee said:

It would be great if we had the ability to "like" a post.

I agree!

Thanks, Jim!

I like the blue a lot.  I agree that too much of the screen is black.

When I quote a post, only the top part of that post is re-posted.  I think that is a bug rather than a feature.

And thanks for posting the rules!

Good to hear that security features are being updated. I read something online that showed you how to delete your caches and cookies, so I tried it, and got knocked off of every website that needed a password.

That was no big deal for every website except this one. I forgot my old password and when I tried to set a new password, I got an ominous message that I would be compromising all personal information in my account if I reset my password, so I ran for the hills with my tail between my legs.

I tried to reset my password this time, and it seemed like this website was more secure when I went up to the symbols in the address bar, so I reset a new password, but after I did that I got a new message in the security images in the address bar with a triangle on my padlock which means:

"A padlock with a triangle indicates that Firefox is not blocking insecure passive content, such as images. By default, Firefox does not block mixed passive content; you will simply see a warning that the page isn't fully secure. Attackers may be able to manipulate parts of the page like displaying misleading or inappropriate content, but they should not be able to steal your personal data from the site."

Which is better than the previous message, but is this website going to be totally secure come Dec.1st, or will it be the same as it is now (which seems to be okay, except for insecure passive content such as images)?

2 hours ago, sgcim said:

Which is better than the previous message, but is this website going to be totally secure come Dec.1st, or will it be the same as it is now (which seems to be okay, except for insecure passive content such as images)?

I don’t know if there is a way to secure images. I will ask.

13 hours ago, sgcim said:

Good to hear that security features are being updated. I read something online that showed you how to delete your caches and cookies, so I tried it, and got knocked off of every website that needed a password.

That was no big deal for every website except this one. I forgot my old password and when I tried to set a new password, I got an ominous message that I would be compromising all personal information in my account if I reset my password, so I ran for the hills with my tail between my legs.

I tried to reset my password this time, and it seemed like this website was more secure when I went up to the symbols in the address bar, so I reset a new password, but after I did that I got a new message in the security images in the address bar with a triangle on my padlock which means:

"A padlock with a triangle indicates that Firefox is not blocking insecure passive content, such as images. By default, Firefox does not block mixed passive content; you will simply see a warning that the page isn't fully secure. Attackers may be able to manipulate parts of the page like displaying misleading or inappropriate content, but they should not be able to steal your personal data from the site."

Try another browser.

Or set your Firefox security setting to Maximum.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:53 AM, Quasimado said:

I joined in 2004 and have just been promoted to "Newbie"

The exact same. So I don't know why I'm now a newbie, plus I lost the status I had before. But the move to the new format has been awesome, with limitations that existed before disappearing automatically. Now everything loads faster.

1 hour ago, Bluesnik said:

The exact same. So I don't know why I'm now a newbie, plus I lost the status I had before. 

As I recall, years ago Jim A. improvised a set of milestone categories and even allowed members to request status levels for number of posts. I am not surprised that this long-awaited upgrade wiped things like that out.