Music for Brass by Gunther Schuller, John Lewis, Jimmy Giuffre & JJ Johnson

I have TWO copies of an early Columbia LP called:

• Music for Brass by Gunther Schuller, John Lewis, Jimmy Giuffre & JJ Johnson.

By the way, I keep a copy of this LP; it's just that I keep running across additional copies and can't bear to leave them behind.

PM me this evening for details on each, if you're interested.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

• Teasing the Korean changed the title to Music for Brass by Gunther Schuller, John Lewis, Jimmy Giuffre & JJ Johnson

Gunther Schuller's "Music for Brass" is a spectacular piece.  In my youth, I must have listened to it a hundred times.  I had the good fortune of hearing Schuller conduct it in concert.  In the same concert, he performed one of his pieces for 16 French Horns. Yes, 16!

7 hours ago, DIS said:

Gunther Schuller's "Music for Brass" is a spectacular piece.  In my youth, I must have listened to it a hundred times.  I had the good fortune of hearing Schuller conduct it in concert.  In the same concert, he performed one of his pieces for 16 French Horns. Yes, 16!

Very cool!  In the 1990s, when I lived in Beantown, I saw Schuller conduct a concert at NEC.  It was, IIRC, his transcriptions of early big band arrangements whose charts were lost. 

• 2 weeks later...