Mick Goodrick

RogerF

I realise there's another thread about Mick elsewhere however I think this is probably the place to post this information. It's unfortunately true that jazz guitar legend and ex-Berklee tutor Mick Goodrick is ill with a particularly aggressive strain of Parkinson's which is rendering him increasingly reliant on aids which are beyond the scope of his medical insurance (he has revealed this information on his Go Fund Me page). I only learned about Mick's predicament from a posting on Instagram by Bill Frisell. It's terrible that artists such as Mick, so influential in jazz, have to resort to this mechanism for help, but sadly he is not alone in these matters (I can think of another legendary jazz guitarist who has solicited help in this way). Please consider donating something to Mick's Go Fund Me appeal which you can find here: Mick Goodrick Go Fund Me page

Mick with his good friend, 19-year old Pat Metheny playing in Gary Burton's band at the Molde Jazz Festival of 1974. Mick solos at 8:45 & 18:58.

I was lucky to see Mick many times due to his playing around Boston while working at Berklee.

And Roger - thanks for starting this thread. I meant to yesterday but life intervened and I forgot.

Edited by bresna
Pat Metheny clarified that he was not Mick's student

• 2 weeks later...