When Organissimo Members Meet In Person

Just had a lovely visit from stonewall15, who made the trek to our humble hamlet.  

Stonewall is the first Organissimo member whom I've formally met in person, although Ms. TTK met Jim Alfredson when his combo played here. (And I think I've seen Chuck at model train shows.)

We enjoyed a higher-end pizza and talked jazz, history - especially related to Veterans Day - and cats. 

Stonewall is an Eddie Costa fan, and I turned him onto the Mundell Lowe TV Action Jazz! album, which features a great Eddie Costa piano solo on "77 Sunset Strip." And Stonewall hooked me up with The House of Blue Lights.

Anyway, this experience has proven to me that I'm ready to reintegrate into society.  I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.  I'll let you know in advance when I'll show up on your doorstep. :D

Edited by Teasing the Korean
Fleshing out original post with illuminating, compelling details

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met HutchFan several years ago through this board when I mentioned doing a recent phone interview with David Liebman and possibly making a trip to Nashville to see the Dave Liebman Group live. He let me know that the band was appearing on an adjacent night just outside the Atlanta perimeter and that sounded like a less stressful trip. We met at the show any enjoyed it., most of the concert appears on the second disc of the Live Whaling City Sounds CD. We’ve hung out, gone to concerts and had a blast over the years. A great jazz guy and a true friend, his family has also been gracious for occasional overnight stays, as driving back from Atlanta after a concert late at night is much harder for me at my age.

TTK, I'll arrange a private concert with my band for you when you come.

I've met four board members over the years, two of them when they were on visit over here, one in Germany (twice) and one in Luxembourg. Only one of them is still active here, but all of them were very nice encounters.

Edited by Daniel A

Colin Fenton came to my house a couple times when he had business trips from London to Philly, and LWayne Bognar and I met up a great Maria Schneider concert at the Philly Art Museum.  Attended a couple of other Philly Art Museum concerts (Eric Alexander, and some organ trio named Organissimo! - got to greet Jim Alfredson then)  along with some other local board members who haven't been active in many years, and they also attended the Maria Schneider concert.  I think that's it for my in-person history, though some other members and I have some mutual open invitations (including TTK) floating around which I hope to cash in on some day.  Not aware of other currently active board members in my area here.  Covid wiped out a chance I had to meet up with some of the guys in the Tampa area (Dan Gould and Gary Gray) a couple years ago, and now I no longer have family down there.

13 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I'll be meeting A Lark Ascending, who posts no longer, tomorrow for the Braxton/Threadgill doubleheader in London

Sounds great. Sadly, a bit too distant from me. From what I could see of the Festival lineup, the pick of the concerts along with Ron Carter.

Edited by sidewinder

I've met up with Jim (our fearless leader) a couple of times.  Had a drink with Shawn Dudley (I forget his handle here) when he moved to LA.  Feels like I've met Ghost of Miles, but haven't.  Been at concerts where I later discovered others were there (in one case even interacting with them) and seen David Weiss with the Cookers. 

Edited by medjuck

17 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

I met HutchFan several years ago through this board when I mentioned doing a recent phone interview with David Liebman and possibly making a trip to Nashville to see the Dave Liebman Group live. He let me know that the band was appearing on an adjacent night just outside the Atlanta perimeter and that sounded like a less stressful trip. We met at the show any enjoyed it., most of the concert appears on the second disc of the Live Whaling City Sounds CD. We’ve hung out, gone to concerts and had a blast over the years. A great jazz guy and a true friend, his family has also been gracious for occasional overnight stays, as driving back from Atlanta after a concert late at night is much harder for me at my age.

:tup :tup :tup 

I always enjoy hanging out with Ken.  :)