My favorite jazz station

o.k., seeing how you are all my pals now, i thought that i would share a great secret with you. my favorite jazz station, WDNA, can be heard live on the internet via something called "streaming."

try it out at www.wdna.org

don't send me any money for enhancing your lives, instead, make a pledge to wdna to keep jazz on the air.

B)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry, not a fan of Latin jazz at all

That's very unfortunate. You are missing out on a genre of very fascinating music.

how do I "miss out" on something I don't like? :unsure:

How about keeping an open mind?

Well, personally I LOVE latin music, but I can imagine how someone wouldn't, maybe even for the same reasons I love it. It's all part of my having an open mind, I figure.

I trust GregK doesn't walk around disliking Latin jazz on principle. Some day maybe--like a bolt from the blue--the clave will sound, something will click and he'll start dancing the mambo.

--eric

Well, let's check out the daily schedule for WDNA (off of the web site):

"12 Noon-1PM: LunchTime Special:Bebop Meringue with Mr. Mambo

1-2 PM: Clave 'Til You Drop

2-3: Baraka Does the Cha Cha: Latin Music and the Avant Garde"

3-4: Salsa on the Sauce: Latin Bar-room Classics

4-5: Siesta with Kenny G: Sleep Through the Hits

5-6: Tito Puente Meets Tito Jackson

6-6:15: Actual jazz

6:16: Sign Off"

- does seem a little heavy on the Latin stuff -

How about keeping an open mind?

This is insulting. How about not being judgemental of other's likes/dislikes?

I'm sorry that my preferences disturb you so much-if you must know, my local NPR station plays latin jazz in the mornings and saturday afternoons. I've listened and have heard nothing that's appealed to me so far. Why must I like everything in order to not have a closed mind?

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you. Even with some things that I don't like, I try to keep an open mind about going back to them and trying to listen to them again to see if I was wrong. Sometimes I am and sometimes not. There's been a few things that when I listened to them again I said "hey, that's not bad." That's all I meant. No offense intended.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you. Even with some things that I don't like, I try to keep an open mind about going back to them and trying to listen to them again to see if I was wrong. Sometimes I am and sometimes not. There's been a few things that when I listened to them again I said "hey, that's not bad." That's all I meant. No offense intended.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. My mistake. I just haven't heard anything that's called Latin jazz that I've liked yet. Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack this thread

• 3 years later...