Previously unreleased Benny Carter (and others including Dizzy)

medjuck

For those not receiving Loren Schoenberg updates on FB, I have added Volume 5 details to my earlier post,and repeated here. Pretty interesting group and the only known recording of Benny with Barry Harris.  The music can be heard on Youtube on the Harlem Jazz Museum page.

Volume 5:

Benny Carter, alto saxophone Dizzy Gillespie, trumpet Barry Harris, piano Stanley Jordan, guitar Joe Kennedy, violin Larry Ridley, bass Yusef Ali, drums

Edited by Dan Gould

On 11/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, Dan Gould said:

For those not receiving Loren Schoenberg updates on FB, I have added Volume 5 details to my earlier post,and repeated here. Pretty interesting group and the only known recording of Benny with Barry Harris.  The music can be heard on Youtube on the Harlem Jazz Museum page.

Volume 5:

Benny Carter, alto saxophone Dizzy Gillespie, trumpet Barry Harris, piano Stanley Jordan, guitar Joe Kennedy, violin Larry Ridley, bass Yusef Ali, drums

Alright, that is a fascinating lineup.

I have added Volume 6 & 7 details in my original post and below:

Volume 6:

Benny Carter, alto saxophone Harry “Sweets” Edison, trumpet Derek Smith, piano George Duvivier, bass Ronnie Bedford, drums

Volume 7:

Benny Carter, alto saxophone Chris Neville, piano Steve LaSpina, bass Jackie Williams, drums

• 3 weeks later...