My Ears Have Awoken

Rob Gibson

This the first time I've ever had something to say in any kind of forum I only came across you guys as I was looking into the background and see if there's note on the recording of Black, Brown And Beautiful, I have to admit Oliver Nelson is new to me and wow my ears are loving geezer I've been playing and talking about him in my jazz shows it's a huge shame that Oliver Nelson passed away so early in life, as I've mentioned he is very to me and the track I love to play is Complex City

Proceed immediately to his acknowledged classic 'The Blues and the Abstract Truth' (with Freddie Hubbard, Eric Dolphy, Bill Evans, and others onboard), especially "Stolen Moments", then have fun going backwards into his excellent Prestige dates (especially 'Afro-American Sketches') and forwards into the rest of his catalog.  'Swiss Suite" is a favorite album from his later years for me, but there's a lot of wonderful, varied music of his to discover.

11 hours ago, Rob Gibson said:

This the first time I've ever had something to say in any kind of forum I only came across you guys as I was looking into the background and see if there's note on the recording of Black, Brown And Beautiful, I have to admit Oliver Nelson is new to me and wow my ears are loving geezer I've been playing and talking about him in my jazz shows it's a huge shame that Oliver Nelson passed away so early in life, as I've mentioned he is very to me and the track I love to play is Complex City

Welcome to the Organissimo board, Rob! You can discover all kinds of great music discussed by fellow members, no matter how long you've been listening. It's always fun to learn about a great recording that you missed and then track it down for your collection.