Cloud storgae

Hardbopjazz

• 9 months later...

Hardbop,

So what does that mean--put the music back into the main computer to play it properly and then take it off from there and put back into the cloud when done listening?

I still cannot figure out the cloud (and for that matter external HD) when it comes to playing the sequence of an album.  I can only get one track at a time, thus constant stop-and-go. 

Edited by Milestones

Long story short... - 98% of my 4,000 CDs are on Apple's iCloud servers. I only kept 20% of the CDs (Mosaic sets and other key choices) and Apple messed up and didn't copy/lost the other 2%. Every now and then I've downloaded parts of the collection but have never downloaded the entire thing because it takes forever. It's kinda locked me into using Apple's Music Service but I'm in their ecosystem anyway.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd keep everything locally, backed up twice and I would upload nothing.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

I can’t imagine taking the time to upload my collection, I don’t have enough time to hear all of the new acquisitions and releases as it is.

Don't know which service you're talking about,
but mine actually uploads it for me.
I don't have to do a thing.