Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac - RIP

Kevin Bresnahan

Wow, I had not heard this sad news.  I guess she would be one of the older members of the group, along with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, while Buckingham and Nicks are younger.  I felt she was an essential member of the band and always enjoyed her singing and work in general.  I liked the collaboration with Buckingham, which was just 5 years ago--basically Fleetwood Mac without Nicks--and not far off from their best work.

R.I.P.       

57 minutes ago, Milestones said:

Wow, I had not heard this sad news.  I guess she would be one of the older members of the group, along with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, while Buckingham and Nicks are younger.  I felt she was an essential member of the band and always enjoyed her singing and work in general.  I liked the collaboration with Buckingham, which was just 5 years ago--basically Fleetwood Mac without Nicks--and not far off from their best work.

R.I.P.       

I have that album and it's the best album Fleetwood Mac never released under that moniker. From 1975 on, the bulk of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs were written by her. I know 79 is a long time but still, gonna miss her.

RIP.  My favorite work by her was on the Danny Kirwan-Bob Welch era Fleetwood Mac albums, 'Future Games' and 'Bare Trees'.  Those are two perfect (pun intended) albums.  Her songs on those albums had a haunting quality which fit with the Kirwan and Welch songs beautifully.  Danny Kirwan at his best was an amazing talent, actually my favorite of all of the Fleetwood Mac contributors through the years (as much as I love Peter Green and Stevie Nicks).

and i was stoked to see her revisit that on the last tour.  there i was and there was fleetwood mac, doing KILN HOUSE material , after all these years of chasing that stuff. she sang tell me all the things....duo lead style w/ the crowded house guy, but the most bluesy thing i heard hear do was world turning, where she takes a verse