Mosaic JATP 1950s Box

3 minutes ago, romualdo said:

Received the below message this morning - anyone else get the same ?

Had to reorder due to cc expiry - hope I don't get charged for 2 sets

Thank you very much for the order. The sets are ready to ship and we proceeded to charge your credit card.

Unfortunately the charge window expired after 30 days and we are unable to charge your card. Entirely our fault and our sincere apologies.  For security purposes we are unable to enter your card data and charge.

Therefore we are leaving the preorder sale price on the site and request that you reenter your order.

https://www.mosaicrecords.com/product/classic-jazz-at-the-philharmonic-jam-sessions-1950-1957-mosaic-records/

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Fred

Yes, I got the same message. I suspect all the early responders received this.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Yes, I got the same message. I suspect all the early responders received this.

That was an issue on the Black & White set as well and I thought I read them indicating they had fixed that potential problem. Guess not. As far as I can tell reading on several boards no one got charged twice for a set or got two sets when re-submitting with credit card info.

I have avoided that by paying with PayPal each time. I was assured that last time that if I paid with PayPal I did not need to re-submit. However I honestly think, considering the delay I've experienced in my sets shipping when others who have ordered much later than me have received their sets before I get a shipping notice, that it's possible that they get to the PayPal sets later. . . why not?--they have the money.

3 hours ago, romualdo said:

Received the below message this morning - anyone else get the same ?

Had to reorder due to cc expiry - hope I don't get charged for 2 sets

Thank you very much for the order. The sets are ready to ship and we proceeded to charge your credit card.

Unfortunately the charge window expired after 30 days and we are unable to charge your card. Entirely our fault and our sincere apologies.  For security purposes we are unable to enter your card data and charge.

Therefore we are leaving the preorder sale price on the site and request that you reenter your order.

https://www.mosaicrecords.com/product/classic-jazz-at-the-philharmonic-jam-sessions-1950-1957-mosaic-records/

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Fred

Yeah I got the same message and reordered.  This happened on a previous order, Black and White I think.  It works out OK.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:48 AM, jazzbo said:

I have avoided that by paying with PayPal each time. I was assured that last time that if I paid with PayPal I did not need to re-submit. However I honestly think, considering the delay I've experienced in my sets shipping when others who have ordered much later than me have received their sets before I get a shipping notice, that it's possible that they get to the PayPal sets later. . . why not?--they have the money.

Interesting thought, never considered that. Doesn't matter much to me, in the end (and yes, I went w/Paypal as well this time -- had missed out on the pre-order for the B&W and still didn't order it yet).

For this pre-order, as well as my last one from Mosaic, I never even received any sort of confirmation about it.  When I gave my credit card online a week ago, I just got a message that my order is "being reviewed."   That is it.   Last time I sent 5 emails to inquire about it that went unanswered.  Client relations at Mosaic have really reached a low point. 

Edited by John L

8 hours ago, John L said:

For this pre-order, as well as my last one from Mosaic, I never even received any sort of confirmation about it.  When I gave my credit card online a week ago, I just got a message that my order is "being reviewed."   That is it.   Last time I sent 5 emails to inquire about it that went unanswered.  Client relations at Mosaic have really reached a low point. 

I received a notice this week from Fred that I needed to redo the order because the cc authorization had expired. We exchanged a few emails and it was fixed.  What email did you use?

I paid with cc, had to reorder because the auth had expired, and received a tracking number just now.  It's a bit of a nuisance to have to reorder but everything works out fine, don't panic.  They have some glitches sometimes but I've been buying from these guys since the early 90's - they work hard to make it right for the customer. A while back I ordered a set for my son and then he turned out to be moving.  I wrote to Scott and he expedited the order so he would get it before he moved.

Edited by Stompin at the Savoy

On 1/18/2023 at 3:57 PM, Brad said:

I received a notice this week from Fred that I needed to redo the order because the cc authorization had expired. We exchanged a few emails and it was fixed.  What email did you use?

Almost like magic, after I wrote that post, I got a shipping notification.  :)

In the case of these Mosaic purchases it is the "authorization" that expires, not the card. When you order you authorize the purchase, but there apparently is a time frame and if one has pre-ordered in advance it's possible that if there is a long time before the set is ready and shipped the authorization would expire and a new charge/authorization is needed.

https://wallethub.com/answers/cc/how-long-does-a-credit-card-authorization-last-2140697276/

I have avoided this by using PayPal.

Edited by jazzbo

Because the policy is not to charge your card till it ships, they run the number through the process known as 'authorization' which presumably sends back some sort of return code indicating all is well, you can run the charge.  But they advertise the release more than 30 days in advance and so the authorization expires.  Possibly they should just charge the cards up front?  I guess they do it this way because sometimes they have delays - bits of the box or print jobs get delayed, etc - they don't want to leave us hanging for weeks, months.

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

That should not happen 

I always thought Hank and Sonny were fraternal twins. 

50 minutes ago, Stompin at the Savoy said:

Because the policy is not to charge your card till it ships, they run the number through the process known as 'authorization' which presumably sends back some sort of return code indicating all is well, you can run the charge.  But they advertise the release more than 30 days in advance and so the authorization expires.  Possibly they should just charge the cards up front?  I guess they do it this way because sometimes they have delays - bits of the box or print jobs get delayed, etc - they don't want to leave us hanging for weeks, months.

When they told me that I needed to re-authorize the card they also said I had not lost my place in line; my concern had been that I might then need to wait until they had made a second run. 

When your transaction with a card is authorized, an electronic check is made of your account and it is determined whether you have sufficient capital or credit for the purchase.  Obviously card holders can have changes in their situation so the authorization for the transaction expires after some period of time.  I suppose what happened is they advertised a ship date and then had to postpone it.  If they had made the original ship date, the earliest authorizations wouldn't have expired yet.  (Scratching head) Come to think of it, seems like they opened up ordering for the set too early.  Wasn't that a couple months ago?  There are some improvements to the process they can make.  In their defense I think the staff is pretty limited and they are doing all sorts of stuff and have a lot of balls in the air at all times...  Bottom line is when you order from them you end up getting the set.  And this has been going on for decades.  I don't buy from them for their marketing efficiency.  I care about the research, sourcing of materials, mastering, discography, etc so I am apt to be very indulgent about minor delays and glitches.

10 hours ago, Stompin at the Savoy said:

When your transaction with a card is authorized, an electronic check is made of your account and it is determined whether you have sufficient capital or credit for the purchase.  Obviously card holders can have changes in their situation so the authorization for the transaction expires after some period of time.  I suppose what happened is they advertised a ship date and then had to postpone it.  If they had made the original ship date, the earliest authorizations wouldn't have expired yet.  (Scratching head) Come to think of it, seems like they opened up ordering for the set too early.  Wasn't that a couple months ago?  There are some improvements to the process they can make.  In their defense I think the staff is pretty limited and they are doing all sorts of stuff and have a lot of balls in the air at all times...  Bottom line is when you order from them you end up getting the set.  And this has been going on for decades.  I don't buy from them for their marketing efficiency.  I care about the research, sourcing of materials, mastering, discography, etc so I am apt to be very indulgent about minor delays and glitches.

They opened up the ordering around December 12th or so. December 13 is the date I ordered it. On Monday the 16th they told me the authorization had expired. So, in other words, a one month window.