Blue Note XRCDs - All Played Once

Dan Gould

So I felt uncommonly flush back in November and splurged on ten BN XRCD releases at $30 a piece, without considering that the remarkable sound I have always enjoyed thru this technology doesn't exactly 'stand out' on PC speakers, even high-end ones. So I am offering the following for $24 shipped via Media Mail, Paypal only (Friends and Family, please). Non US buyers at actual Airmail cost, TBD.

NEW PRICE: $15 shipped via Media Mail in the lower 48, for Lee Morgan, Tomcat

Post or PM, the earliest time stamp always gets it.

Edited by Dan Gould

6 hours ago, jazzbo said:

You're right, they should all be gone.

I thought I had all these but I can't find my copy of "Cat Walk" so I'm pm'ing for that one. 

C'mon guys. These are bargains.

Most of us have this in one form or another, which is probably why they haven’t sold.

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

Most of us have this in one form or another, which is probably why they haven’t sold.

Did everyone who cares about better sound already get these? I am selling at 33% less than list price for what I would consider the best sounding CDs extant.

My listening is done on a boombox with $60 Sennheiser headphones, often with my 4 year old grandson running around in the background.  I appreciate good sound (as well as nice packaging and artwork), but high end premium fidelity past a point is lost on my listening experience.  I am surprised that the guys with the high end systems aren't jumping on these.  Great music in great sound at a great price.

16 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Did everyone who cares about better sound already get these? I am selling at 33% less than list price for what I would consider the best sounding CDs extant.

I guess I’ve gotten to the age where I’m fine with what I have, plus as Kevin noted I’m not sure my ears can tell the difference. At one point I was upgrading where I could. After purchasing several Tone Poets or Classics, I’ve pulled back on those if I already have it in cd. Of course if I don’t have it, then I will buy it.

However, as other noted, your prices are really good. 

35 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Gosh. . . my hearing still measures well according to my checkups and I can still hear differences. My wallet wishes I couldn't. . . but my system shows me improvements and I still seek them out. Part of the fun. . . for me.

We are all different. I wear hearing aids (been doing so for about four years), which has greatly improved my music listening. Just earlier this week I got a new cartridge.  My dealer said I would notice the difference and I have. However, there is a point — at least for me — where I am content with versions  of CDs that I have and don’t need to have multiple versions of the same recording (for which I have no room anyway).  I know, of course, that people will differ with me on this.

Speaking of room, I hadn’t catalogued or put on the shelves about 100 CDs that I must have purchased in the last year or so and am finally getting around to it. That means about 100 must go and I will be offering them here as soon as I finish (about two-thirds of the way there).  Apologies to Dan if I detracted from his sale. 

31 minutes ago, Peter Johnson said:

Hey Dan!  I hope you’re well. It’s been a long time!  If still available, I’ll take the following:

Tina Brooks, Back to the Tracks

Jackie McLean, Bluesnik

Dexter Gordon, Doin' Allright

Dexter Gordon, A Swingin' Affair

let me know. Happy new year!

Very long time, Peter.. You got 'em - sending PM now.