Victor Lewis.

Hardbopjazz

42 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Any indication what the cause of the Foot Drop was?

The campaign refers to neurological issues.  It sounds similar to when my wife herniated a disc during labor 5 years ago and ended up with a pinched nerve.  In fact, her only lingering symptom still is numbness in part of her foot.

An old friend of mine had a similar issue with one foot in the mid-eighties after a motorcycle accident. He was so bummed as he thought he had perfected a manly strut that served him well (yeah, he was like that) and had finally gotten used to the condition when. . . the nerves grew back seemingly and he returned to normal (mobility-wise at least).

This is extremely sad to hear but let’s hope that the great Mr Lewis’s condition can be corrected and that he is back behind his drum kit delivering his usual excellence. I think I saw him playing on a Small’s live feed just within the last 6 months and there was no obvious indication then of any problems. Maybe he was already battling it, in which case huge admiration.

17 hours ago, Justin V said:

Thanks for posting this.  Horizon was one of the last concerts I saw before the pandemic hit the US and Lewis sounded as splendid as always.  It looks like the community is stepping up. :tup

Didn’t realise he was still playing with Horizon as late as that. Fond memories of Mr Lewis with that group from nearly 30 years back.

• 2 weeks later...