Blossom Dearie resources?

Jack Pine

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some research on Blossom Dearie. I'm particularly interested in her early career with Woody Herman, The French Blue Stars, and her marriage to Bobby Jasper. I found a mention in the 1/25/56 issue of Down Beat of Blossom and Jasper touring Europe and Japan with Chet Baker, was she playing piano for Chet at that time?

1 hour ago, Jack Pine said:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some research on Blossom Dearie. I'm particularly interested in her early career with Woody Herman, The French Blue Stars, and her marriage to Bobby Jasper. I found a mention in the 1/25/56 issue of Down Beat of Blossom and Jasper touring Europe and Japan with Chet Baker, was she playing piano for Chet at that time?

I can't help you, but I am a big fan of the Blossom/Dorough/Frishberg rat pack.

Indeed all three were exceptional. I should get Frishberg's book, even if it doesn't have much on Blossom I'm sure it's worth reading. There are so many little interesting snippets here and there about people she worked with: arrangements with Gil Evans, random festival pickup band with Mingus, being present at the Birth Of The Cool sessions...

I'm 99% sure this is not her, but some in some of the youngest pictures of her she does have a bit of a different look. Do you think blondie here could be Miss Dearie?