Help TTK with Weird Post-"Jesus Christ Superstar" Religious/Ecology Compilation

Teasing the Korean

5 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

They made a third album?  I know of only two.

They actually made six.  I have them all on CD.  All have highlights and lowlights.

I can´t really help. The only a bit churchy based music I heard was stuff like Mingus´"Wendsday Night Prayer Meeting" or Horace Silver´s "The Preacher" or Hank Mobley´s "Baptist Beat". 

They groove, that´s all I can say. 

Not more, maybe because religion never was a topic with my parents or friends or women..... and I´m no member of a religious group and don´t intend to have a religious funeral after my last beat.....

4 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I can´t really help. The only a bit churchy based music I heard was stuff like Mingus´"Wendsday Night Prayer Meeting" or Horace Silver´s "The Preacher" or Hank Mobley´s "Baptist Beat". 

They groove, that´s all I can say. 

Not more, maybe because religion never was a topic with my parents or friends or women..... and I´m no member of a religious group and don´t intend to have a religious funeral after my last beat.....

Nor has it ben with me.  As I said multiple times in the thread, I was raised with zero, zilch religion and am completely agnostic.  This kind of thing appeals to me as an outsider looking in, and also because the mood nicely pairs with the bleakness of January and February.

But it is really an aesthetic I am seeking.  Messages of rebirth, the ecology, etc.  The best examples will have a choir, along with a jazz-rock backing, e.g, updating religious messages with the sounds of today.  If they throw in a Moog, even better.  Any religious elements will be coming from a 70s progressive perspective and not an 80s fundamentalist angle.

David Axelrod's Earth Rot album is probably the purest distillation of what I'm seeking, and he sustains it for the entire LP.  If In a Silent Way had a choir and lyrics about rebirth or the ecology, it would make the cut.  

Take 3:43 out of your life and turn on and tune in to this.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

On 1/19/2023 at 3:04 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

Nor has it ben with me.  As I said multiple times in the thread, I was raised with zero, zilch religion and am completely agnostic.  This kind of thing appeals to me as an outsider looking in

Same here. Then in the old days "Old Man Frosty" instead of "Santa Claus" 😄