Horace Tapscott & Pan Afrikan People Arkestra - Live at IUCC 11/2678 2CD

jcam_44

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve just ordered - and was charged $16 flat rate shipping on the checkout. US shipping is a real ‘sting’ these days but I like the music sample on the Nimbus West site from this concert and this 2CD set is sure to be good.

The whole process was very straight-forward. Just hope that the shipping is more successful than the recent Mosaic experience. Amazed that this hasn’t already sold out.

23 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I’ve just ordered - and was charged $16 flat rate shipping on the checkout. US shipping is a real ‘sting’ these days but I like the music sample on the Nimbus West site from this concert and this 2CD set is sure to be good.

The whole process was very straight-forward. Just hope that the shipping is more successful than the recent Mosaic experience. Amazed that this hasn’t already sold out.

you should have combined your order with mine and mjazzg :)

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

The Mosaic experience!!! my JATP set finally arrived after over a month of shipping time - the third Asendia fiasco (last three Mosaic orders)

When I ordered the recent Sam Rivers book/discography from the states it took 5 days.

I doubt if Dusty Groove will get any copies of a run of 250 - wasn't willing to take the chance - they should have created  at least 500 to 1000 copies

57 minutes ago, romualdo said:

The Mosaic experience!!! my JATP set finally arrived after over a month of shipping time - the third Asendia fiasco (last three Mosaic orders)

When I ordered the recent Sam Rivers book/discography from the states it took 5 days.

I doubt if Dusty Groove will get any copies of a run of 250 - wasn't willing to take the chance - they should have created  at least 500 to 1000 copies

My JATP set is still missing in action. 🙁

They need to ditch Asendia !

On the plus side, Jazz In Britain just dispatched an order within minutes of the order going through.

Edited by sidewinder

Very much looking forward to this set. 

Interesting article, @romualdo. I am glad Horace Tapscott eventually agreed to record The Giant is Awakened for Flying Dutchman. I love this record, even though Tapscott was apparently not too pleased with the outcome. Jonathan Horwich's IPI release of this record is to die for. 

22 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Update - currently about 148 copies left, by my reckoning, as of 14.00 UK time Sat 11th.

So what may end up being the best reissue of the year has sold 102 copies?  Sad.  Seems like half those sales (exaggeration for effect)  are occurring to board members here, so well done in that regard, team!

29 minutes ago, felser said:

So what may end up being the best reissue of the year has sold 102 copies?  Sad.  Seems like half those sales (exaggeration for effect)  are occurring to board members here, so well done in that regard, team!

[Italics added]

True, but on the other hand, how widely has the release info. been disseminated? How big is Nimbus West's e-mail list? I suspect not very. I've no idea whether they've purchased advertising (is that done any more? 🤔).

I only heard of the release through this board, so I'm not surprised the forum accounts for many of the sales.

Yeah they could use a little more PR. Tapscott has a pretty solid fan base. Outernational, Dark Tree and Pure Pleasure: they wouldn't have done all of those releases if Tapscott would not sell. He remains underrated because for me he's in that top league of jazz artists. Wish there was a similar interest in Mal's work....

I hope they do ship with tracking. I have ordered something without T&T from the States three times. Not one of them has arrived at my home :(

On 3/9/2023 at 12:13 AM, romualdo said:

ordered my copy a couple of days ago (Matt has reserved a copy for me) he just told me that there is going to be an international sales button (on the website page) when purchasing - should be up today then I'll properly purchase

have you seen the warning on the Nimbus West site re the bootleg Outernational Sounds label - looks like they've been giving Tom Albach a hard time - sounds like a classic example of elder abuse

Matt has also posted this message on the Outernational Sounds Discogs page

https://www.discogs.com/label/1193697-Outernational-Sounds

"DO NOT BUY ANY NIMBUS “REISSUES” WHICH ARE ISSUED BY outernational sounds

These are unofficial BOOTLEGS, MP3 SOURCED

THE SO CALLED “CONTRACTS” THAT HARV AND CO CLAIM TO HAVE , WERE OBTAINED FROM A 93 YEAR OLD TOM ALBACH BY MISLEADING AND NEFARIOUS MEANS…. THERE STILL EXISTS LAWS ABOUT EXPLOITING THE ELDERLY, AND THIS IS 100% A CASE OF GROSS MANIPULATION AND EXPLOITATION OF AN ELDERLY COUPLE..

OUR LAWYER HAS DEFINITIVELY CONFIRMED THAT THE “CONTRACTS” HAVE NO LEGAL STANDING WHATSOEVER , AND THE MEANS BY WHICH THEY WERE OBTAINED WERE FIRMLY ILLEGAL (SENDING COURIERS TO DEMAND SIGNATURES FROM A 93 YEAR OLD MAN WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HES SIGNING.. its pathetic -THERE ARE REASONS WHY CONTRACTS OF THIS TYPE REQUIRE NOTARIZATION AND A WITNESS, THESE SO CALLED “CONTRACTS” HAVE NEITHER).. WE HAVE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES FOR HARV AND CO. TO “CEASE AND DESIST” TO NO AVAIL…THO THEY FINALLY STOPPED HARASSING THE ELDERLY ALBACHS VIA INCESSANT PHONE CALLS -THEY KEEP CHURNING OUT THESE ILLEGAL BOOTLEGS, AND HAVE FAILED TO EVEN LIVE UP TO THE TERMS OF THE “CONTRACTS” THEY CLAIM ARE LEGIT.. HMMM, PRETTY WEIRD…

SO , IF THESE “CONTRACTS” ARE LEGIT AS THEY CLAIM, THEN WHERE IS THE COMPENSATION STIPULATED IN THE TERMS? NO ? OH AND HOW ABOUT THE MECHANICAL ROYALTIES OWED TO THE ARTISTS (as per the fake “contracts”)? NOPE, NOT PAYING THOSE EITHER?… FACT IS - HARV and his little scam label NEVER INTENDED TO PROPERLY COMPENSATE THE ARTISTS OR NIMBUS. HARV IS A CON MAN AND SINCE HE REFUSES TO CEASE REPRESSING HIS BOOTLEGS OF NIMBUS TITLES. WE WILL NOW BECOME VERY VOCAL ABOUT THIS BULLSHIT.

DON’T BUY outernational sounds BOOTLEGS"

Oh that's not good news. I hate being duped but I've got six of these boots. Not happy 

On 3/12/2023 at 7:20 PM, Clunky said:

Oh that's not good news. I hate being duped but I've got six of these boots. Not happy 

I'm still struggling with what to do with the Outernationals I have already bought. It sticks in the throat inadvertently buying bootlegs. These do however sound good and are well pressed ( despite the claims that they are sourced from MP3 files). I recall chatting with someone at HonJons in Kingscross and I didn't get the faintest whiff of these alleged dodgy practices. Hmm...something to ponder on.

4 minutes ago, Clunky said:

I'm still struggling with what to do with the Outernationals I have already bought. It sticks in the throat inadvertently buying bootlegs. These do however sound good and are well pressed ( despite the claims that they are sourced from MP3 files). I recall chatting with someone at HonJons in Kingscross and I didn't get the faintest whiff of these alleged dodgy practices. Hmm...something to ponder on.

Listen to the music on Spotify or another music sharing service - that way NimbusWest gets at least some of the money.

NimbusWest should consider asking people to “donate” money for releases they’ve purchased….

24 minutes ago, Guy Berger said:

Listen to the music on Spotify or another music sharing service - that way NimbusWest gets at least some of the money.

NimbusWest should consider asking people to “donate” money for releases they’ve purchased….

That’s a good point about Spotify. I have toyed with giving them away to a local charity shop but that really just passes my moral problem to someone else! 

5 hours ago, Clunky said:

I can see what you mean, I have a bad feeling bout them too. But I mostly think about my intentions: they weren’t bad when I bought them as they were seen as legit back then. If they weren’t I would have never bought them. I am not going to throw them away. I will not buy them anymore and spread the word about them being bootlegs everywhere on the web. And of course will support Nimbus West by buying more records including this new one. Got the excellent 3LP set as well :)