Horace Tapscott & Pan Afrikan People Arkestra - Live at IUCC 11/2678 2CD

jcam_44

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound is good. There is info that the rest of the series sounds better, this was the engineer Bruce Bidlack's first recording of the group. It is a bit muffled but nothing to complain about. Musically it is excellent. Instruments are panned to one side or the other. Well worth supporting this project in the hopes it leads t the release of the complete run. 

For those who worried about jazz choir, there are no vocal numbers on the album.

[Mine arrived today and I just listened to the whole thing.]

The track Lately's Solo (opener of disc 2) sure sounds a lot like Milestones.

Edited by T.D.

Shipping notice today (from Nimbus West) to Australia.

Also, got in stock notice from Dusty Groove but now OOS (temporarily?) on their website

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/141973/Pan-Afrikan-People-s-Arkestra:Live-At-IUCC-11-26-78-Church-Recordings-Vol-1-2CD-set?sf=arkestra&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1&kwfilter=arkestra&sort_order=artist

16 minutes ago, romualdo said:

Shipping notice today (from Nimbus West) to Australia.

Also, got in stock notice from Dusty Groove but now OOS (temporarily?) on their website

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/141973/Pan-Afrikan-People-s-Arkestra:Live-At-IUCC-11-26-78-Church-Recordings-Vol-1-2CD-set?sf=arkestra&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1&kwfilter=arkestra&sort_order=artist

In-stock notices from DG are notoriously ephemeral. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the link in their notice e-mail, only to find the "Just Sold Out!" announcement. I try to preorder titles I really want from them.

Edited by T.D.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:09 AM, felser said:

MIne's currently lost in the mail ☹️.  Matt at Nimbus was very responsive, and the issue is with USPS, not them.  But this is the last CD I would want to not arrive, as I may never see another copy!

Mine thankfully arrived today.  Clunky, sometimes USA post offices don't scan outgoing mail, so you may not see an update until it arrives at its next destination (which in your case may well be the dreaded Jersey City bermuda triangle of postal service, where packages go to hibernate.  They eventually make it overseas, but it can take a week to move through that facility).