Steeplechase CDs - Reliable Supply?

Eric

Cripes, Discogs?  For what are still-in-print titles?

Or is my memory that Steeplechase kept titles in print for forever long out of date?

I remember being able to order practically anything on Steeplechase back when I was in Kansas City — admittedly that was probably 15 years ago.

I bought a bunch of Steeplechase CDs from Tommy's Jazz a few years ago and I'm still waiting for them to replace a Ronnie Cuber disc that was a CD-R. I've about given up on it, to be honest, but since I did pay for a CD that I never got, I'm still a little upset with them over it.

Edited by bresna

14 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Cripes, Discogs?  For what are still-in-print titles?

I think that's where the marketplace for CDs is right now.  

:shrug[1]:

Admittedly, SteepleChase maintains a massive catalog.  I think Winther keeps everything in print.  No single retailer is going to have all of them. 

10 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Check out Tommy's Jazz.  I'm told he has an Ebay store, or email him directly at TommysJazz@outlook.com.  In fact, he had a Steeplechase vinyl sale just a few weeks ago.

Tommy's Jazz on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/user/tommysjazz

Alas, no Greg Tardy leader dates.  :( 

4 hours ago, bresna said:

I bought a bunch of Steeplechase CDs from Tommy's Jazz a few years ago and I'm still waiting for them to replace a Ronnie Cuber disc that was a CD-R. I've about given up on it, to be honest, but since I did pay for a CD that I never got, I'm still a little upset with them over it.

Hell hath no fury like a Kevin scorned. I pity Tommy.

Don't know about purchasing physical SteepleChase objects (maybe try contacting the label directly webmaster@steeplechase.dk ?), glad they are on streaming platforms, but here is a nice recent interview with Nils Winther (the label founder): https://www.jazzwax.com/2022/02/interview-steeplechases-nils-winther.html .  

3 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Chuck, is that a Google-mail link to a real email address? (If so, can you send the actual email address.)

Afraid I don’t have a Google-mail account — and the URL is trying to make me sign into my (non-existent) Google-mail account (Gmail, I suppose that is). Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, bresna said:

I'm in the same boat, but with around NINE CD-Rs that I paid for, sent back, but still haven't been replaced, or refunded. I stopped buying from Tommy after that.