What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[IMG] 
On a hug record fair in Den Bosch. Always thought it was some kind of rule that sellers would tell you if a record was severely damaged. Had a copie of Bill Evans Waltz for Debby and Cannonballs Black Messiah in hands for a pretty high price. Glad I decided to double check the vinyl as it was full of scratches.

I think I’ll listen to the JCO record first and then try get back to my senses with the Chet Baker album 

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered these 12 CDs from a favorite Discogs vendor:

- Luis Bonilla - I Talking Now! (Planet Arts/Now Jazz Consortium)
- William Cepeda & Grupo Afro Boricua - Bombazo (Blue Jackel)
- Francisco Mário - Retratos / Conversa de Cordas, Couros, Palhetas e Metais (Milestone/Caju)
- Diane Moser - Birdsongs (Planet Arts)
- Milton Nascimento - Miltons (Columbia)
- Scott Tixier - Cosmic Adventure (Sunnyside)

- Bruckner: Symphony No. 7 / Bruno Walter, Columbia Symphony Orchestra (Sony Classical)
- Debussy: Images; Études / Pierre-Laurent Aimard (Warner Classics)
- Granados: Alicia De Larrocha Plays Granados and Others (MCA Classics, 2 CDs) 
- Roussel: Symphonies Nos. 1 "Le Poème De La Forêt" and 3 / Charles Dutoit, ON de France (Erato)
- Schumann: Phantasiestücke; Blumenstück; Davidsbündlertänze / Vladimir Ashkenazy (Decca)
- Strauss: Don Quixote (with P. Fournier); Hornkonzert No. 2 (with N. Hauptmann) / Herbert von Karajan, BPO (DG)

As the cost of used vinyl continues to rise, the cost of used CDs keep falling.  So there are some amazing deals to be had out there.  The total for all of these (including shipping & tax) was $32.  :g

Edited by HutchFan

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

- William Cepeda - Bombazo: Grupo Afro (Blue Jackel)
- Francisco Mário - Retratos / Conversa de Cordas, Couros, Palhetas e Metais (Milestone World Music/Caju Music)

- Bruckner: Symphony No. 7 / Bruno Walter, Columbia Symphony Orchestra (Sony Classical)
- Roussel: Symphonies Nos. 1 "Le Poème De La Forêt" and 3 / Charles Dutoit, Orchestre National De France (Erato)
- Schumann: Phantasiestücke; Blumenstück; Davidsbündlertänze / Vladimir Ashkenazy (Decca)
- Strauss: Don Quixote (with P. Fournier); Hornkonzert No. 2 (with N. Hauptmann) / Herbert von Karajan, BPO (DG)

As the cost of used vinyl continues to rise, the cost of used CDs keep falling.  So there are some amazing deals to be had out there.  The total for all of these (including shipping & tax) was $32.  :g

That Bonilla album is a gem.

7 hours ago, HutchFan said:

- William Cepeda - Bombazo: Grupo Afro (Blue Jackel)
- Francisco Mário - Retratos / Conversa de Cordas, Couros, Palhetas e Metais (Milestone World Music/Caju Music)

- Roussel: Symphonies Nos. 1 "Le Poème De La Forêt" and 3 / Charles Dutoit, Orchestre National De France (Erato)

A bargain indeed .... a lot of good music, probably highlighted by Roussel/Dutoit ....

• 2 weeks later...

My wife & I are in North Carolina, visiting one of her friends.  I took a few hours this afternoon to hit a local record shop.  Got some excellent music and very good deals. 

In fact, I pulled these ten LPs from the dollar bins:

Hickory-LPs-1.jpg

All in VG+ condition -- or better. 

I also picked up these:

Hickory-LPs.jpg

Pretty nice haul.  :g

16 hours ago, HutchFan said:

My wife & I are in North Carolina, visiting one of her friends.  I took a few hours this afternoon to hit a local record shop.  Got some excellent music and very good deals. 

In fact, I pulled these ten LPs from the dollar bins:

Hickory-LPs-1.jpg

All in VG+ condition -- or better. 

I also picked up these:

Hickory-LPs.jpg

Pretty nice haul.  :g

That's a well spent 16 dollars!