How's the weather?

On 12/14/2015 at 10:23 AM, gmonahan said:

In Oregon, yes, in Portland, no--moved to the city from Eastern Oregon in 2012.  But hey, if one can't take the rain, this ain't the city to live in, right?  That said, it really HAS been wet!!

gregmo

In '96 the Willamette was so high the falls in Oregon City nearly disappeared!

Terrible scenes in the north of England today:

4989.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

Mytholmroyd, West Yorkshire

I'm just a couple of miles from the South Yorkshire border but we've had virtually no rain today. Apparently Manchester and Leeds are under threat.

I know we've a few posters here living in these regions. Hope you're not caught up in it. 

10 minutes ago, A Lark Ascending said:

Terrible scenes in the north of England today:

4989.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

Mytholmroyd, West Yorkshire

I'm just a couple of miles from the South Yorkshire border but we've had virtually no rain today. Apparently Manchester and Leeds are under threat.

I know we've a few posters here living in these regions. Hope you're not caught up in it. 

Yes, flooding in  northern parts of Greater Manchester, about 15 miles from where I live in south Manchester. The Metrolink tram from the bottom of my road is having to terminate prematurely before it reaches the waters. As I think I wrote in this thread, here we're earmarked for a once-in-a-hundred-years flooding by the Mersey, tho' 100 now probably equals 5 :(

We were at 81 and muggy yesterday, then the sun went down, the cold front moved through and we had a little mini-tornado fest (none in Plano, thankfully), then today it cooled off and started raining like hell, but only in fits and starts, but all day and expected overnight. Right now it's 41, and out to the west and up in the panhandle, they're expecting snow. Not expecting it here, but we will drop below freezing a few nights this week, and truthfully, I'd not be surprised if a few flurries made their way in.

3388.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

Floodwater surrounds houses in Cawood, North Yorkshire

5368.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

Flood waters reach the foot of Clifford’s Tower in York

3500.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

A view of Huntingdon Road and Yearsley Crescent covered by floodwater after the River Ouse and River Foss bursts their banks in York city centre

I know that what the north of England is experiencing is as nothing compared with the flooding (and other natural disasters) that happens elsewhere in the world; but when it's places you are familiar with and not that far away it really hits home.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2015/dec/27/flooding-northern-england-pictures