Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sthomas

Problem with cd

4 posts in this topic

I have a problem with one of my older Mosaic cds. Part of the black ink of the label seems to have flaked off sometime in the past and fallen into the jewel box. Unfortunately the ink spot has firmly attached itself to the playing side of the cd and is preventing the cd from playing. Is there a safe way to clean this off the surface of the cd?

Simon

You could try rubbing alcohol. Clean the disc with a soft lint free cloth from the inside to the outer edge.

You could try rubbing alcohol. Clean the disc with a soft lint free cloth from the inside to the outer edge.

Many thanks! I'll give a try.

I have a problem with one of my older Mosaic cds. Part of the black ink of the label seems to have flaked off sometime in the past and fallen into the jewel box. Unfortunately the ink spot has firmly attached itself to the playing side of the cd and is preventing the cd from playing. Is there a safe way to clean this off the surface of the cd?

Simon

I would try a piece of Scotch tape over it. Usually it will pull the offending object right off. That way you avoid rubbing the disc at all.

Edited by jrgoodwin88