StarThrower

What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

17,773 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

613mXuDAvGL.jpg

I like his Beethoven’s concerto, never listen to his Schubert.

Edited by porcy62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, soulpope said:

51zcFUPjd0L._SY355_.jpg

:tup Still a great set and my favourite of her 3(!) complete recordings - I also have the Eloquence 2017 issue of her 1941/42 recordings, her first recordings of the complete Rach. Preludes. Glad to have them, although I'm not hearing anything drastically different from her other cycles. Possibly that's just me, maybe you have heard/compared? I also recently purchased the Decca Legacy box (Eloquence) that includes that 1941/42 set plus her 1951 Decca recordings. Very good. Some interesting obscurities in the Eloquence box like Rawthorne's concerto with Adrian Boult. 

 

Oh and speaking of Supraphon, now playing Martinu - Symphony 6

Martinu-Symphonies.jpg

 

 

Edited by Marzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krenek - Piano concerto no.3 (Toccata Classics)

Krenek-Vol-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marzz said:

:tup Still a great set and my favourite of her 3(!) complete recordings - I also have the Eloquence 2017 issue of her 1941/42 recordings, her first recordings of the complete Rach. Preludes. Glad to have them, although I'm not hearing anything drastically different from her other cycles. Possibly that's just me, maybe you have heard/compared? I also recently purchased the Decca Legacy box (Eloquence) that includes that 1941/42 set plus her 1951 Decca recordings. Very good. Some interesting obscurities in the Eloquence box like Rawthorne's concerto with Adrian Boult. 

 

Oh and speaking of Supraphon, now playing Martinu - Symphony 6

Martinu-Symphonies.jpg

 

 

Lympany has a consistent approach ..... btw the Martinu recordings are superb ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Till Eulenspiegel Lustige Streiche * Don Juan * Ein Heldenleben

j.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Referentzhunter said:

Stringquartets 1 & 3

jjjj.jpg

:tupSuperb:tup ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0884977315165_600.jpg

Edited by soulpope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5d670c8613c064c538db65d0b542b94889d0c54c

Thereof the Preludes .... outstanding indeed ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, soulpope said:

:tupSuperb:tup ....

the more i listen to them, the more i like them... it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday afternoon listening:

SchubertWanderer-Fantasy-Schumann-Sonata

Schubert: Wanderer Fantasy in C Major, Op.15; Schumann: Sonata No. 2 in G Minor, Op.22 
Bruno-Leonardo Gelber (Connoisseur Society/Pathe Marconi, 1975)

Tremendous.

 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More solo piano:

R-5244762-1388601541-1173.jpeg.jpg

Moravec Plays Chopin (Connoisseur Society, 1970)

Otherworldly beauty.  A desert-island disc.

 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Sunday afternoon listening:

SchubertWanderer-Fantasy-Schumann-Sonata

Schubert: Wanderer Fantasy in C Major, Op.15; Schumann: Sonata No. 2 in G Minor, Op.22 
Bruno-Leonardo Gelber (Connoisseur Society/Pathe Marconi, 1975)

Tremendous.

Indeed ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 0:29 PM, HutchFan said:

More solo piano:

R-5244762-1388601541-1173.jpeg.jpg

Moravec Plays Chopin (Connoisseur Society, 1970)

Otherworldly beauty.  A desert-island disc.

 

:tup

 

now playing Prokofiev & Khachaturian Cello Concertos (both 1972) from Christine Walevska - Legendary Recordings set. Eliahu Inbal conducting.

Walevska-Legendary-Recordings.jpg

Edited by Marzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don quixote * Dance Suite from Harpichord pieces by François Couperin

j.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.