Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HutchFan

Charles Ives Songbook CD on hatART's ezz-thetics Line

4 posts in this topic

Earlier today, I got a promo email from Squidco.  They're having a sale on hat Hut's new ezz-thetics line.  

Among the listings, I noticed an Ives CD that I'd never seen before, Charles E Ives: Another Songbook, by the ensemble für neue musik zürich & Sebastian Gottschick.

Looks like Gottschick has arranged Ives' songs for various small ensembles.  And it looks like I missed the first entry, since this is number 2.  

In any case, there was a time that I had nearly everything that anyone had recorded by CEI.  But not anymore.

So.  I was wondering.  Has anyone heard these? 

Any input or observations welcomed.

On 2.4.2021 at 6:06 PM, HutchFan said:

Earlier today, I got a promo email from Squidco.  They're having a sale on hat Hut's new ezz-thetics line.  

Among the listings, I noticed an Ives CD that I'd never seen before, Charles E Ives: Another Songbook, by the ensemble für neue musik zürich & Sebastian Gottschick.

Looks like Gottschick has arranged Ives' songs for various small ensembles.  And it looks like I missed the first entry, since this is number 2.  

In any case, there was a time that I had nearly everything that anyone had recorded by CEI.  But not anymore.

So.  I was wondering.  Has anyone heard these? 

Any input or observations welcomed.

Don`t know the CD`s in question, but Sebastian Gottschick is a renowned composer/director .... attached an article in German (probably google translate can help ;-) ) and at the very bottom you van listen to some of the music ....

https://www.musikzeitung.ch/de/rezensionen/tontraeger/2020/09_10/ives-gottschick.html#.YGtdKOgzaUk

Hope this gives you an idea ....

Thanks soulpope! :tup 

10 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Thanks soulpope! :tup 

You're welcome ....