Request for Dave Holland Help

HWright

After having read the recent thread about Dave Holland's recent work, I pulled out a number of my DH discs and listened to them. One that particularly caught my ear was "Jumpin' In," which I had never really gotten into in the past. Well, I quite like it now, but there's one thing that's been bothering me: the tune "New One" sounds very familiar but I can't say why. At first I thought it was one of the old compositions that Dave redid on his recent big band album "What Goes Around," but it isn't listed there...at least not under that name.

My question is: did DH re-record "New One" under another name or is it a reworking of some other composition (either by DH or someone else)?

One possible answer that I have come up with is that the tune "Upswing" on "What Goes Around" is really a reworking of "New One," but that thought mainly occurred to me because it is the only track on "What Goes Around" that I can't find a source for.

Any ideas?

Edited by HWright