Anyone see this Simpsons episode?

sal

So Bart is in juvie, and they are showing all the inmates an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon. At the start of the cartoon, Bart gives a sigh of relief, and says "Ahhhh.....cartoons! America's only original art form." He then pauses for a few seconds, looks at the kid next to him and says, "Well, I would count jazz, but it sucks."

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

My son loves the old Tom and Jerry cartoons. I can't wait to show him Itchy and Scratchy when he's older. :P

Speaking of jazz on the Simpsons, I can't stand the version of jazz that Lisa and Bleeding Gums Murphy play. It's the kind of stuff that people who like the Manhattan Transfer would like. Yuck.

happy jazz aka instrumental pop.

:lol:  :lol:

My son loves the old Tom and Jerry cartoons. I can't wait to show him Itchy and Scratchy when he's older.  :P

Speaking of jazz on the Simpsons, I can't stand the version of jazz that Lisa and Bleeding Gums Murphy play. It's the kind of stuff that people who like the Manhattan Transfer would like. Yuck.

It doesn't make me happy. :P

My son loves the old Tom and Jerry cartoons. I can't wait to show him Itchy and Scratchy when he's older.  :P

Me too. I came up with the term 19 years ago, it's strange how "they" came up with a term like smooth jazz to sell such watered down blah.

They need more fiber, I think...

Me too. I came up with the term 19 years ago, it's strange how "they" came up with a term like smooth jazz to sell such watered down blah.

They need more fiber, I think...

:lol::lol::lol::tup

That makes me happy!

:lol:

Me three! No wonder Bart thinks it sucks!

Could you imagine Lisa getting into playing 45 minute versions of "My Favorite Things" ala Coltrane. I could just picture her being in the background of the whole episode blowing away... and she'd still be going as the credits rolled. :g

Okay, maybe if she loses the Jimmy Garrison bass solo, she might be able to wrap it up as the show ends.

Other jazz on the Simpsons included an episode where Homer hired a private investigator to find out about Lisa's hobbies in an attempt to become a better father. He learned that her favorite album is Birth of the Cool and was playing the record for her.

Another episode included Lisa complaining that no one shared her interest in jazz-fusion.

Okay, Birth of the Cool is a great album. I don't really hear it in her playing.

My question is: Who picks the jazz for their jazz excursions. I love the Simpsons, but their view of jazz is lacking.

I share Lisa's love of some jazz fusion. When I hear her listening to Miles' Jack Johnson or something of that sort, she'll be cool with me. Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a :tup .

Okay, Birth of the Cool is a great album. I don't really hear it in her playing.

My question is: Who picks the jazz for their jazz excursions. I love the Simpsons, but their view of jazz is lacking.

I share Lisa's love of some jazz fusion. When I hear her listening to Miles' Jack Johnson or something of that sort, she'll be cool with me. Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a :tup .

If she was into Holdsworth or Mahavishnu... :excited:

I share Lisa's love of some jazz fusion. When I hear her listening to Miles' Jack Johnson or something of that sort, she'll be cool with me. Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a  :tup  .

That would be great!

Note to Lisa: Jazz fusion shouldn't be tepid. :ph34r:

There was another recent episode where Bart found a stack of Homer's old "Playdude" magazines. Bart turned the treehouse into a bachelor pad and he and Milhouse were listening to "Miles Davis vol. 1". Milhouse asked "when they would start with singing".

:lol::lol::lol:

I haven't watched the new episodes in a while.... maybe I should. :D

I share Lisa's love of some jazz fusion. When I hear her listening to Miles' Jack Johnson or something of that sort, she'll be cool with me. Heck, if she could just play the Fat Albert theme song, I'd give her a  :tup  .

That would be great!

Note to Lisa: Jazz fusion shouldn't be tepid. :ph34r:

It would help if she would turn 18. I mean, how long has Lisa Simpson been 12??? Let her grow up a bit and maybe she'd get into some Dolphy.

It would help if she would turn 18. I mean, how long has Lisa Simpson been 12??? Let her grow up a bit and maybe she'd get into some Dolphy.

That's true. At least she's not listening to what most 12 year olds are...

Hell...I was listening to Mahavishnu when I was 12 or 13! :g