Blue Note + Copy Control

Here in Austria (and also in Germany) all Blue Note-Releases since 2004 are copy-protected. I won't buy copy-controlled discs, so I'm looking for alternatives. So how about other countries? Are US- or UK-Blue Note's copy-protected?

Greetz, Sonny

Hi Sonny,

I know your problem first hand... the only country where. at least up to now, the BN's are not having any CC is the US. I even received one from Canada with the CC on.

with the current €-$ rates in mind and the fact that they go to dealers sooner, I tend to order them from US online shops.

Cheers, Tjobbe

Thanx, tjobbe!

So I guess, I have to spend a few bucks on US-BG's in the future.

Where to you mostly order from? Are there any recommandable online-shops beside amazon and cd-universe?

Greetz, Sonny

Hi Sonny,

one potentially good news for the europeans. The latest BN RvG batch out for sale on 26.09 in Germany seems to be without any copy protection at least according the track listing by www.jpc.de (as they are normally very accurate at those as long as they do have the information)

In the preview section JPC currently list 21 BN's and non shows a CopyControlled so potentially I'll buy some of them from jpc (at least the price is good: 7,77€ at the moment on pre-orders)

So let's cross fingers that they revert that stupid crap ....

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: just send out a request to jp customer service for clarification.

Edited by tjobbe