Anyone care to pass Judgement!

Outstanding. I really haven't heard a JRVG that I didn't love, although A Night In Tunisia has been rightfully panned for poor sound quality. Judgement easily trounces the previous domestic issue.

I've been listening over and over to Mode For Joe, which absolutlely stomps all over the TOCJ. A really huge surprise both musically and sonically is Donald Byrd's two volumes of At The Blue Note Cafe, very hot soulful tunes, great sound, reminds me of how great a bari player Pepper Adams was. His tone on the JRVG is reproduced fantastically.

I picked up seven titles in this first batch of the new JRVG series, overall, I think these are the best work RVG has done so far, it seems he has perfected his technique, and that's good news, because this final series feature some of the very best titles BN ever did.

Yes, I got Newk's Time. It's generally outstanding, the only somewhat - slightly- maybe weaker spot is Surrey With the Fringe, a drum/tenor duet, where I felt there was a more distant feel to the tenor that made this track sound like it was recorded at another session. This has always been the case with this track, so I guess that's just what the tape is giving.

The RVG shows just how much this is a Philly Joe record as well as Rollins, the cymbals are very impressive, Rollins bottom end is huge and his tone is wonderful. A very nice upgrade, with the one track only being a probably unavoidable letdown.

Yes, I got Newk's Time. It's generally outstanding, the only somewhat - slightly- maybe weaker spot is Surrey With the Fringe, a drum/tenor duet, where I felt there was a more distant feel to the tenor that made this track sound like it was recorded at another session. This has always been the case with this track, so I guess that's just what the tape is giving.

The RVG shows just how much this is a Philly Joe record as well as Rollins, the cymbals are very impressive, Rollins bottom end is huge and his tone is wonderful. A very nice upgrade, with the one track only being a probably unavoidable letdown.

Bummer! I always thought similarly to how you did about "Surrey With The Fringe On Top." Then again, the improvement in drum sound is always a good reason for an upgrade.

Thanks for the review.