Musical Fidelity gear (SACD players that is)

Bluerein

Hello all,

are there Organissimo posters who have a Musical Fidelity (SA) CD player? I'm thinking of buying a (second hand) Tri-Vista SACD player which was produced in 2003 (only 800 units made). It's similar to the (I guess now sold out) kW SACD player of last year (only 500 units made). Any thoughts/observations are welcome!!!

Reinier:

I have their much cheaper regular CD player-A3.2CD. it is a very high quality unit. I have heard nothing but great things about their SACD player-Stereophile raved about it and it is built like a tank.

I imagine you need to spend a lot of $ to get one of their limited edition SACD units!

If you can afford it, then you can't go wrong.....

Thanks for your input! Of course I've read all the available reviews and know all rave about it but how reliable is this??? I can't hear for myself because it's no longer in retail and the player I'm about to buy is sold by someone in Germany (I live in the Netherlands as most of you know) so auditioning is out of the question.

I'd have to pay about half the new price so that's more than fair I guess.

Stereophile raved about it

I wouldn't give too much on Stereophile's opinion when it comes to Musical Fidelity products, because the magazine seems to have a very special relationship with this brand. The very high number of reviews and the constant level of praise is very suspicious.

Good morning Reinier,

I've only auditioned some MF gear (incl some NuVista CD-P) but did that just for fun 2 years ago.

In terms of quality of the MF its the goodie itself and the way it looks and sits there in the rack... it definetely looks worth every money for the Look&feel, promised.

The other side: sonic's... I liked the regular NuVista CD-P quite well but never really compared it one-on-one so i cannot really judge on that.

All-in-all I always "liked" the newer sound they produce as it is not that mellow as the old class-A amps they had in the 80's.

Hope that helps a bit...

Cheers, Tjobbe