Henry Grimes signal to noise Article...

The biographical article that I wrote to accompany that interview can be seen its original form on my website. You can see some photos I took of Henry here:

http://www.jazzdiscography.com/Artists/Grimes/Photos/

I will be seeing him tomorrow afternoon as he will be playing live on WKCR-FM (again!) with most of the group he led at Iridium, but with Perry Robinson instead of Andrew Bemkey. 3-6 PM EDT. www.wkcr.org

Mike

My error above - pianist Andrew Bemkey was most certainly present. It was alto saxophonist Rob Brown who was not. So, the band was: Perry Robinson-clarinet, ocarina; Roy Campbell, Jr.-trumpet, pocket trumpet, flugelhorn, flutes, recorder; Andrew Bemkey-piano; Henry Grimes-bass; Michael Thompson-drums (and glass of water); joined on the last of three selections by bassist Chris Sullivan. I videotaped the entire afternoon.

Henry will again return to WKCR to host the "Musician's Show" on Wednesday, July 30, 6-9 PM. The concept of this show is that the musician decides what records to play. Could be a nice chance to hear Henry's favorite bass players and other influences on his music.

www.HenryGrimes.com will be the place to look for Henry's activities. Hopefully it will be kept fairly up to date. Also check there for info on Henry's new CD of solo bass.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...