Need help finding a short story

Some 10 years ago, a former girlfriend asked me to help her interpret a short story she had to read for a class. I'd really like to read the story again, but I can't remember the author or the title. It's an existentialist story, and the only thing I can remember is that the protagonist is in a tunnel or sewer beneath a city, and at one point in the story, watches some church or religious ceremony and feels anger or resentment towards the people and what they're doing. That's about all I can remember. Can anyone help me find this story?

Some 10 years ago, a former girlfriend asked me to help her interpret a short story she had to read for a class. I'd really like to read the story again, but I can't remember the author or the title. It's an existentialist story, and the only thing I can remember is that the protagonist is in a tunnel or sewer beneath a city, and at one point in the story, watches some church or religious ceremony and feels anger or resentment towards the people and what they're doing. That's about all I can remember. Can anyone help me find this story?

Don't know the story, but damn, man - are you okay? This sounds like a call for help if I've ever heard one.

:lol:

Edited by gdogus

Don't know the story, but damn, man - are you okay? This sounds like a call for help if I've ever heard one.

:lol:

:rofl: