I'm 52 years, 1 hour and 25 minutes young.....

Happy Birthday, fasstrack!

I've been meaning to tell you that we (my family and I) saw you a few years back on your tour of West Michigan. The "New York All-Star Ensemble", if I remember correctly, at a park in Grand Haven.

We all enjoyed it, even my teenage kids who think that jazz is old-folks music.

:party:

Wow! Someone actually remembers that? Amazing. We had fun, though, especially at the Gull's Landing in Pentwater, though the last night there my keyboard player passed out and almost cracked his head open. Emergency room , the whole 9. He was OK though, just scratched his face up badly.

Don't blame me for that bullshit name, BTW. Blame Tim Scully :g

Happy Birthday! :tup:party:

Enjoyed your posts very much on the Crouch thread. Between yourself and Tom Storer, I think Stanley got whooped! :g

That ended in a very fruitful private exchange BTW. He seems quite gracious away from the crowd actually. He was very nice, I swear. I think a lot of it is an act. Fascinating guy for sure.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I received more from friends and spent the shank of the evening with 'my tribe' (a very corny phrase I just remembered from Mel Torme: 'Ladies and gentlemen, I think a little jazz in the shank of the evening would be in order'). I listened to my buddies play at Smalls. John Mosca souded great. Jerry Dogion was there too, playing with Chris Byars' octet. I didn't stay past one tune, but I heard Ari Roland's group. Chris was in that, too, also Sascha Perry, piano and Phil Stewart, drums. All Ari's music. I've known him since he was 16. Sascha I know since he's like 14 sitting in with C. Sharpe at the Zanzibar and playing Monk already. Oh, these jazzers.......

Happy Birthday, fasstrack!

I've been meaning to tell you that we (my family and I) saw you a few years back on your tour of West Michigan. The "New York All-Star Ensemble", if I remember correctly, at a park in Grand Haven.

We all enjoyed it, even my teenage kids who think that jazz is old-folks music.

:party:

BTW, not for nothin', but tell your kids they're right.....