Anyone know any good Jazz stores in Milwaukee?

Aftab

Hey - recently moved to Green bay WI from Seattle and am sadened by the lack of Jazz there seems to be around here (other than the fact that Lyle Mays's sister is my supervisor) - does anyone know of any good jazz cd shops and/or clubs in the Milwaukee area or in between here and there - Chicago is just 3 hours away, so I'll take those rec's too :)

:rfr THANKS!

Welcome to Wisconsin, Aftab!

I have yet to find any jazz cd stores that nocks my socks of here in WI. The best of the bunch that I've been to is The Exclusive Company. I haven't been to the one in Green Bay but the one in Appleton isn't too bad. They have a relatively small jazz section but there is some good stuff there and prices aren't too bad. The best Exclusive location is in Madison, they have a pretty decent sized selection.

I have yet to find anything in Milwaukee that has much for jazz including the Exclusive stores. If there is a good jazz cd store in Milwaukee, I sure wish I knew where it is!

As for Chicago, there is always the beloved Dusty Groove. It's a cool store, just a pain in the ass to find a decent place to park. With the sales tax there, its probably better to order online anyway.