New song

fasstrack

This is not out commercially yet, but here's a sneak preview. There will be many tracks added, I'm sure, and I have nothing to do with it.

If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry. Please move it

You're my Foundation

www.soundclick.com/joelfass

track 9

I wrote this with Jimmy Norman. He wrote with Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix before, and also lyrics to Time is on my Side, covered by the Stones.

I wrote this 3 years ago and Jimmy wrote one verse (beautifully) and we collaborated on one. The melody is mine and the lyrics to the chorus. Sean Harkness, Jimmy's guitarist, wrote the special introductory verse (lyric by Jimmy) for a presentation at a Jazz Foundation loft party TBA. Sean plays on this, not me, BTW. I hear tracks with big shots will be added and it will no doubt be commercially available.

It's a bit fast for me, not my exact melody or changes, and you have to imagine the choir and a slower tempo at the final modulation, but you get the idea, and I dug what they did.

Comments please.

Edited by fasstrack

I got a 404 error...

Say, is this Sean Harkness the guy who used to (or perhaps still does) live in Vermont?

I only met him recently through Jimmy, he's his guitar player at Roth's Steakhouse on Saturdays. He's a great guy, though, and a bitch at pop rhythm guitar. Good jazz player, too. I hired him on a gig and he was a pro all the way.

Can't answer the first question, then. But he lives in NJ now. Google him, I guess. Anyway, try the link now and hear him on the track. I'm playing on all the others, James Chirillo joins me on Topsy, and plays the first solo.