Patty McGovern as a Songwriter

epistrophy007

I'm intruiged with this singer some may know from the (cult)album she made with Tom Talbert (Wednesday's Child, Atlantic, 1956).

As pleasing as the album is (my opinion), I'm most of all curious about her songwriting skills.

On the album with Talbert she sings two of her own songs; "Love isn't everything" (Jeanne Lee sang it again on her debutlp) and "I Like Snow".

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at some items on ebay. One of them, George Wallington Trio + Eddie Costa Trio Workshop (Verve), took my attention especially 'cause one of the numbers was credited to Patty McGovern...

I can't recall the title of the number, but I'm sure it wasn't one of the two I mentioned above.

Can someone help me with the title?

Anyone familiar with other songs of her?

And most important what became of her?

Thank you.

j.

The Patty McGovern tune that appears on The Workshop Of The George Wallington Trio & Eddie Costa Trio , is the ballad , Your Laughter . Patty returned the favor by recording George's Summer Rain (heard on his first Prestige recording) for her Atlantic debut . It , and Matt Dennis' Will You Still Be Mine , were not on the original Wednesday's Child LP , but were added as bonus cuts for the CD reissue .