Cajun music 45s on Swallow label

Neal Pomea

http://www.npmusic.org/Swallow_45s_JJB_December_2010.xls

Information from my Yahoo Group Cajun Music Recordings, updated in December by John Broven. I am working on the lp, cassette, and cd section.

Is this a forthcoming project? Details?

D'ya have news on Bear Family J Miller project - number of discs, format?

Excited about that one! :tup

The Bear Family J.D. Miller set (Fais Do-Do and Feature labels) is a project produced by Dave Sax and Lyle Ferbrache. Should be 4 dics. A friend of mine heard them in preview and reports that they are remastered and sounding very good! Not sure who did the remastering. I can't wait for it to be released! Should be any time now. I lent a hand on some song titles and spellings/meanings etc.

Arhoolie is working on another CD much like the one entitled Cajun Honky Tonk. This should make available the remainder of the Cajun songs on the Khoury label.

The Swallow discography I posted is just that, a discography project, which has taken a while to complete. It should help collectors know what exists, but unfortunately it's going to be a matter of getting the stuff by eBay. ACE in England has been the best about leasing and making Swallow records available, but I don't know of any plan to re-release any more Swallow 45s or lps that have not yet made it to CD.

Another big missing piece in this is the La Louisianne (sic) label, holding on to the valuable Ambrose Thibodeaux lps. Just unbelievable.