Shawnn Monteiro

fasstrack

Fabulous singer. Daughter of Ellington bassist Jimmy Woode. I found her when a fellow from Italy played his CD w/her vocalizing. Floored me. Now I've hired her to sing my songs on 2 gigs-and hope to record her w/my group. You can hear clips at www.shawnnmonteiro.com and her myspace page. Happy listening!

When I was DJ'ing at KMHD in Gresham, they had one of her CD's in studio called "Visit Me". There were a couple of tunes I really liked that I put in my rotation for awhile. That was a few years ago, so I'd forgotten all about her. NIce voice, pitched a little lower than most women singers. I did not know she was Jimmy Woode's daughter. She is definitely worth checking out.

Love her.

Here with Red Holloway.

Groovy.

Shawn Monteiro and Red Holloway

Thanks, guys. Yes, her voice is pitch in the coloratura range. All the better for me, since I don't have to transpose squat! I think she may be one of the best working right now. My other favorites I've worked w/: MY's own Deanna Kirk-a real original sound-and Vicki Doney-who lives out in the Phil Woods of the Delaware Water Gap.