Please support my CD project

fasstrack

Subject: Please support my CD project

To: "Joel Fass" <fasstrack@yahoo.com>

Date: Monday, February 13, 2012, 10:33 AM

www.indieagogo.com/callingallromantics?a=428370

(IMPORTANT: for some reason the link doesn't work, but if you go to the right side 'search' column and key in 'Calling All Romantics" it will come up. Sorry for the trouble. Trying to fix it).

I've finally successfully launched an Internet campaign to finance the documenting of my music---writing and playing---on recording. It seems the only way to to it these days. And I'm determined. I'm calling my project Calling All Romantics, and the details can be found at the above website. My playing and writing can also be previewed at: www.myspace.com/joelfass and plenty of live stuff at www.smallsjazzclub.com (go to audio archive and click on the guitar icon and my name).

It comes down to this: people believing in me and my music may, if so inclined, support me with small contributions, (amounts are listed at the site. I will not solicit or name amounts. I try to be a class act at least) or the recording won't be made. I want to make this to bring some beauty into the world. Period. Trust me, I ain't getting rich off this. If it even gets done at least it won't be at of my pocket.

I believe in the songs, players, singers I will choose. If you are so inclined go to the site and help a bit.

With appreciation,

Joel Fass

Edited by fasstrack

Here's your link: http://www.indiegogo.com/Calling-All-Romantics

Good luck - there's a lot of call on people's $$$ these days.

I guess your main problem there is what happens to contributions if you don't raise the minimum you need for the project.

Thanks for the link. I have absolutely no illusions--and depression is already setting in. But I have to try.

Re your other point: I chose 'flexible funding' meaning I get whatever I raise, falling short or no. So I'm ponying right up to get that $7. You know, the one I made my brother send in.....

Taking it down off indieagogo today. Bad timing in this economy and I have to compete online with people way more deserving of the little money around, like those trying to raise money for sick relatives, etc. On a personal level, frankly the more days no bread is raised, the more it embarrasses me. Better to quietly pull up the tent and split. Will figure something else out.

Thanks anyway, anyone who even considered it.

I wish I could donate to your project. I'm out of work and barely making it, but I wanted you to know that I would have helped if I could have. I would have loved to hear your album.

I appreciate that. Greatly.

It's too easy to take these kinds of things personally. I'm going to be bigger than that and keep moving. The fact is that times are changing and the few people with money have much more on their minds, plus are being seduced and hard-sold by people they've heard of.

There are other ways.