Hollowbody Band

just knowing this is happening makes me glad to be alive. i assume other guitarists on the board here may have a similar listening trajectory: Scofield has been a personal hero of mine since the early 80s, and Rosenwinkel has been my favorite musician for the last 10 years. this is just such a beautiful thing. something of a "Return Of The Son Bass Desires." the set up within the band is kinda cool too; ie - Sco has his longtime foil in Stewart and Ben Street (amazing bassist...) has been tight w/ Rosenwinkel regularly since about 2000. cool dynamic. kind of "two of a perfect pair." it ties together a 30 year arc of music listening in my life. it was actually pretty emotional for me to watch these vids. seeing these guys play together is, for me, like pure joy. that doesn't happen too often...

i wish i could see it live but the schedule doesn't look like i'll be able to. if anyone here on the board sees it please post a review for us :tup:excited:

JULY 2012

Date City Venue / Band

Hollowbody Band Tour featuring Kurt Rosenwinkel, Ben Street, and Bill Stewart

01 MARIBOR, Slovenia —

02 KRAKOW, Poland —

04 CORDOBA, Spain —

05 PARIS, France —

06 ROTTERDAM, Netherlands —

07 VIENNA, Austria —

08 CASTELLAMARE, Italy —

09 PERUGIA, Italy —

10 MAROSTICA, Italy —

12 GARANA, Romania —

13 COPENHAGEN, Denmark —

14 Aarhus, Denmark —

15 SAN MARINO, Italy —

17 MOLDE, Norway —

20 BATUMI, Georgia —

22 GENOVA, Italy —

24 LANGNAU, Switzerland —

Edited by thedwork

Thanks for posting these! I was in the audience. This was last Thursday in Paris. Great concert!

During the 5/4 number shown in the first clip I turned to my buddy as KR was comping during the Scofield solo and said "Kurt Rosenwinkel in the role of Dave Brubeck." At one point I also characterized it as "Dave Brubeck meets the Allman Brothers." ;-)

Another person who was there told me he had taken his wife, who isn't that much of a jazz fan. She said she thought it was good but "why does Scofield have to make jazz faces?"

Edited by Tom Storer

Thanks for posting these! I was in the audience. This was last Thursday in Paris. Great concert!

During the 5/4 number shown in the first clip I turned to my buddy as KR was comping during the Scofield solo and said "Kurt Rosenwinkel in the role of Dave Brubeck." At one point I also characterized it as "Dave Brubeck meets the Allman Brothers." ;-)

Another person who was there told me he had taken his wife, who isn't that much of a jazz fan. She said she thought it was good but "why does Scofield have to make jazz faces?"

i'm jealous! this new clip below made me smile even bigger than the 1st two i posted above. what a beautiful thing (the trading fours/twos especially...):

Edited by thedwork