TREASURE TROVE OF MOSAIC LP SETS ON E-BAY

There is an estate dealer on e-bay now (Stareintothesun) selling a bunch of Mosaic lp sets. I bought the Basie Live Roulette 12 lp set for $170 including shipping/insurance. I've waited to post on this till I received my set to make sure everything was kosher. My set was mailed Friday from Chicago and just arrived today by priority mail. Everything is here-and lps look NM as do the box and booklet. The seller had 100% perfect feedback-I have no relation to her.

Anyway, she has now posted many more-Cole, Brown, all 3 Commodore sets, T-Bone Walker, etc- None have a reserve!

Thought I'd give a heads up to the rest of the board members!

Happy Hunting! :lol:

Was my $170 shipped price a decent deal? I have not tracked the sale of Mosaic lp sets to really know. A little over $12.50 an lp looked more than fair to me :party:

Edited by jazzkrow

Those Commodores should be in great demand. That's a body of material which should be constantly available. The stuff is part of the National heritage and public organizations should step in and make it available to anyone who wants to hear it. Sad it is that such pieces of American history are so badly neglected.

BTW, are those Commodore sets issued on CD, ever?

I think a very large percentage of what is in this box won't be issued for a long time - if ever. There are 3rd and 4th takes of some tunes and I believe these are the only issues EVER of those. At this stage -15 or 16 years after the first of these boxes was issued, a lot of the MASTERS are unavailable on cd. I really think there will never be a reissue of this material as complete as this.

BTW, are those Commodore sets issued on CD, ever?

I think a very large percentage of what is in this box won't be issued for a long time - if ever. There are 3rd and 4th takes of some tunes and I believe these are the only issues EVER of those. At this stage -15 or 16 years after the first of these boxes was issued, a lot of the MASTERS are unavailable on cd. I really think there will never be a reissue of this material as complete as this.

Yeah, but since LPs can be transferred to cdrs.

I'm sure that have been a ton of transfers already. Then look at what Definitive and other European companies do after 50 years...

Just bug one of those companies and I'm sure we'll see the Complete Commodore issued as a cheap box set. Probably about $5/disc. :rolleyes: