Grateful Dead

Has anyone seen this? These were some of my favorite tapes during a period of time when the Dead was all I listened to. I love late 70s, early 80s Dead, among many other periods, hell I love the Dead, period.

I don't know why I don't own this yet... has anyone checked it out? What's the word?

I haven't listened to them in a while, though I do throw COMPLIMENTS in quite often.

I feel another streak coming on! Maybe the GGDD will bring spring 'round here in New England if I listen hard enough.

Man, I haven't listened to the Dead in quite some time, but this post is making me want to drag out my CDRs and Dicks Picks!

I haven't seen the DVD, but they were playing really well in 78. They still had that intensity from 1977 and were evolving into their 80's mold at the same time. I'm sure its great!

AfricaBrass, where are you?????

Thanks for remembering that I love the Dead, Sal!

I have both the DVD and the CD set of the concert. I agree that it's a very important show for the Dead and they really shined that night.

It's a cool mix of late 70's Dead and their earlier periods. They played their first "Dark Star" since '74. I guess Bill Graham had asked them if they would play some of their older material (which had been retired) and they complied. :D

I think my favorite track is "Terrapin Station". There is a great jam. Overall, the whole show is good.

Truthfully, I've listened the CDs more than I've watched the concert. It was originally aired on public broadcast so the production values are just okay. BUT, there is so little footage of the group from the seventies that it's really worth getting.

One other Dead film that might be of interest is the movie, SUNSHINE DAYDREAM, from 8/27/72. This hasn't been officially released, but I found a video cd version on www.sharingthegroove.org - The quality isn't that great, but it's cool to see the band. They were on fire.

So.... I give the Winterland DVD and CDs :tup:tup