My Song is my Weapon

gvopedz

"My Song Is My Weapon" attempts to illustrate the long and varied history of Black sonic resistance in America. It is in no way an exhaustive survey of this history, but more so an examination of how Black people weaponized the one thing that could not be contained, enslaved, or silenced—their voices. The strategy of weaponizing sound reflected in these examples reflects the Africans’ knowledge of and belief in the vibrational power of the voice and how it could shape and/or alter the energy and purpose of the environments it inhabited.

https://folkways.si.edu/playlists/my-song-is-my-weapon-the-long-sonic-history-of-black-resistance?mc_cid=e813a0c3fb&mc_eid=2c917bba9f

17 hours ago, gvopedz said:

"My Song Is My Weapon" attempts to illustrate the long and varied history of Black sonic resistance in America. It is in no way an exhaustive survey of this history, but more so an examination of how Black people weaponized the one thing that could not be contained, enslaved, or silenced—their voices. The strategy of weaponizing sound reflected in these examples reflects the Africans’ knowledge of and belief in the vibrational power of the voice and how it could shape and/or alter the energy and purpose of the environments it inhabited.

https://folkways.si.edu/playlists/my-song-is-my-weapon-the-long-sonic-history-of-black-resistance?mc_cid=e813a0c3fb&mc_eid=2c917bba9f

Thnx for sharing 👍 ....