hammond sk2 extra voices

Hammondm3

I have had my hammond SK-2 for a week now and played a lot.

I really like this instrument but still have a few points to mention in case someone from hammond read this.

positive:

* a LOT of things. in fact the most. lets move over to negative:

* to few extra voice libraries. this is major fault. reed organs? strings? WTF? we need keyboard based sounds. as synthesizers. moogs, jupiters, and more piano and el piano variations.

actually piano is good. I would like readjustments of the velocity of the pianos.

Hammond! start producing extra voice libraries at once! You promised.

* the hammond, and church organ are wery good, so we don't need to use more time on those.

* no modulation wheel or bender. sad. this is a perfect keyboard to bring at a gig or jam. s soaring synth solo on the upper manual would be perfect, but a missing a bender does the old classy synth solo more difficult....

* one drawbar set is good enough for me. but two would still be nice. four is not necessary.

* glitching in the mp3 player when playing songs and jamming fast to it. sure this is a software error and will be corrected.

otherwise, I love it. but more voices....and a bender....:) please....

the nord community are laughing at the rate hammond is producing the extra voices libraries...they have tons. but on the other hand, they also have the silly brio button drawbars.

other people have experience with the sk1 and ski?

Tommy,

I'd love to get my hands on an SK2. Yes, I wish Hammond included a pitch wheel and modulation wheel as well. But I think it's a valid trade-off for the smaller size.

As for the voice libraries, it's unfair to compare to Nord since Nord has been doing this (extra sounds) a lot longer. But I agree, Hammond needs to release some new stuff.

I know that nord has been doing this longer.

But i still want to put pressure at hammond so they realize that we are a group of people wanting to expand our sk's and then hopefully will feel obligated to deliver their best.

I really like the sk 2 and it fits me perfect in the deep purple type of band i play in now.

And the size and keyboard is lovely!

Wouldnt it be nice if we could produce and share sound by the way?

I am sure that you Jim would be able to produce some amazing synthesizer type sounds if you got the chance :-)

Here. I sent an email to hammond.

This is their reply:

Dear Mr. Eide,

Thank you for your email and congratulations with your new SK-2 and Leslie 3300. It is a fine setup.

We are working on new library voices and soon you will see new voice-groups on our website. In the most recent software (release 4) we introduced an extra A-piano group with new piano-voices. If you don't have this release yet you may download it from our web-sites. We have now 5 groups of library voices on line, more to follow soon.

Your other requests will be forwarded to our product development department.

Best regards,

Jan Kok

Hammond Suzuki Europe bv

Ir. D.S. Tuynmanweg 4a

4131 PN Vianen

Netherlands

So, they are on the move. And that is good for all of us :-)

Edited by Mrhammond